Google wallet

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Nothing special here folks, just thought I'd share how nuts the McDonalds staff went when I used my nexus to pay lol. Few people came around and where looking at the terminal while the cashier explained how I used it.
Yup, I think there's a market for this. Just need OEM to make standard and businesses to bring in terminals

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the wife and I went out to dinner on Saturday; I wiped out the G-Nex and gave it to the waitress; told her how to use it and she disappeared for almost 15-minutes...

No idea what she was doing with my precious phone with all my information on it, finally came back and the phone was all greasy and sticky; it didn't work and I must have missed a call from the baby-sitter...

Sorry, not trolling, but the story is all false except for the dinner part! NFC will have it's applications, such as Terminal purchases at Rite-Aid to buy my ice cream cone, but i'll still be carrying around my actual wallet for sometime to come...

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Nothing special here folks, just thought I'd share how nuts the McDonalds staff went when I used my nexus to pay lol. Few people came around and where looking at the terminal while the cashier explained how I used it.
Yup, I think there's a market for this. Just need OEM to make standard and businesses to bring in terminals

I really like Google Wallet. It is shame that VZW feels threatened by it that it isn't included standard on the Nexus. ISIS is still nowhere to be found.

The funny thing is I would probably use both. I get the feeling that ISIS if it ever gets released will probably not be accepted where Google Wallet is accepted and vice versa.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I really like Google Wallet. It is shame that VZW feels threatened by it that it isn't included standard on the Nexus. ISIS is still nowhere to be found.

The funny thing is I would probably use both. I get the feeling that ISIS if it ever gets released will probably not be accepted where Google Wallet is accepted and vice versa.

Right now Google is partnered with Mastercard pay pass and Citi Bank, so you can only use GW at Mastercard Pay Pass certified terminals. If I read the ISIS press release correctly Mastercard is also working with ISIS so we should be able to use the ISIS app (when it ever comes out) at the same places as Google Wallet...However ISIS has support from the other credit card companies (Visa, American Express etc) and other Major Banks that GW does not have support from so we wont be able to use GW at all of the ISIS places etc.

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
If ISIS ever sees the light of day.

Totally agree with you on that. Hopefully Google is working hard on expanding its partnerships so they are decent competitor to ISIS

I used it at RiteAid and Jack n the box today and both cashiers were impressed :D

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Totally agree with you on that. Hopefully Google is working hard on expanding its partnerships so they are decent competitor to ISIS

I used it at RiteAid and Jack n the box today and both cashiers were impressed :D

I like using it when I can. I would like it available at more locations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I was at my BP gas station in Chicago and the clerk and everybody in the line was like wtf how u do that lol MacDonalds too lol EVERYTIME

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

moin1998

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, it is Verizon's and other companies try at Google Wallet, coming out this summer I believe

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried the MasterCard PayPass Locator app. I was surprised how many places near me have the paypass terminal and I never noticed it.

Yes, I have. I've used it so far at McDonald's, Jack in the Box, Circle K, and Chevron. I can't seem to get it to work though at Home Depots.

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
One more comment in case this happens to anyone else.

I lost my phone (This could never happen to me, Doh!)
Asurion sent me a refurb (jury is out on if it is suffering signal issues)
Loaded Google Wallet
My old balance didn't transfer over so I had to call the Money Network. Based on the credit card I had used to recharge my previous GW ID, they were able to transfer my balance into the new one.
They could have also used my old GW ID, so it might be worth storing that somewhere safe should you also lose your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781