Removing Verizon Logo from Battery Cover

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if repeat post, I searched with no luck.

Other than the lazer etched battery covers you can buy, is it possible to remove the logos from the back of the battery cover? They seem to be on top of the plastic, any ideas?

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, I remember when the Nexus S came out with the Samsung logo on the back. All it took to remove it was a pencil eraser believe it or not. Heck, give that a try. :)

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
What about painting the logo the same color as the cover. Would kinda hide it. :)

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
well, i can feel the logo with my finger, I feel like painting it will be really hard to match the color, I may try a needle or razer blade.

Reactions: slupo444

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I tired scraping with a quarter, worked a little, whipped it with acholohol that seemed to speed up the process, but under the white there is a black logo. Will soak it for 20 min in alcohol n see what happens.

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
No luck, the logo is now black, which is better, but the plastic smeared onto the battery cover and now it feels plasticky where the logo was, not to mention it has black residue on it now...looks like I will just have to get that $30 lazer etched back :/

Last edited:

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
No luck, the logo is now black, which is better, but the plastic smeared onto the battery cover and now it feels plasticky where the logo was, not to mention it has black residue on it now...looks like I will just have to get that $30 lazer etched back :/

Dang man, sorry it didn't work out. No worries though, just pick out a back you really like and rock it. :)

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I recall people over on Crackberry using a penny to gently remove the logo from their devices. I don't know if it will work here, but it's worth a shot.

SirOcelot

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
The paint looks as shoot the same consistency as the paint on my old pink RAZR. I removed the logo by using the wet corner of a sugar cube. It's the consistency of fine grit sand paper, but without of the damaging effects.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Erm, guys? That logo isn't just an applique, its molded into the cover. Unless you sand the entire thing down, its not going anywhere.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Does the GSM version use the same size battery cover?

If so, you might be able to find a international Gnex replacement cover cheap.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't get this, why are you trying to remove the Verizon logo?

I'm assuming he wants it gone because its a Nexus and the only logo that should be there is Googles. I don't even think the Samsung one should be there. Heck, HTC didn't put there logo on the Nexus One. I'm gonna see if I can remove the Sprint logo on it when I get it. :cool:

Reactions: MikeDubC

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol