Gray vs. blue icons.
06-16-2014 11:30 AM
- I don't think this is the same as signal strength, so I'm starting a new thread.
I often have gray signal bars, and they will fluctuate just like regular blue bars. The seem to indicate a "seen" connection, but it is not yet connected. I can't get data services while mu signal icon is gray, but can make and receive phone calls.
The longer I have the phone the longer it seems to take to go from gray to blue. Sometimes I can sit where I know I have a good 4g signal and it will stay gray for 15 to 20 minutes. I have sat in my parking lot after work and waited. Sometimes in the same lot, I get blue immediately. Sometimes I need to reboot the phone for it to pick up the blue signal.
Anybody else having this problem?03-24-2012 07:53 AM
- Did you search grey bars in the forums? I only asked because there are lots of threads about this.
Grey means you are not connected to google servers yet. Signal strength means little when going from grey to blue. yes full bars may get you connected to their servers quicker than having 1 bar but it really doesn't matter much.03-24-2012 08:04 AM
- at my house i have to use wifi to maintain a connection to data and i always have blue bars...every once in a while my router will disconnect and my phone will be on its own and all bars go to grey....when that happens i do not recieve any emails, app updates, or any other data until i get back on wifi and go blue again...i dont understand not being connected to google servers, i simply dont have any data period....for me no blue no data...i can make calls but thats it on grey03-25-2012 09:08 AM
- Yeah, I'm not to sure about the Google servers idea either. I'll have all grey bars and not be able to do things like stream music through the amazon app.
It really bugs me when I have to reboot the phone to go from Grey to blue.
I'm gonna try fresh network, thanks for the advise.03-26-2012 07:37 AM
- My daughter's phone went from blue to Gray and she stopped getting alerts to all her apps like Facebook,instagram,messaged,etc. We tried everything but after reading about the app called fresh network I instilled it. Wow what a GREAT APP worked right away don't know how just did! Thank you her life would have ended as we know it if not for that lol.....way cool06-15-2014 08:38 PM
- My daughter's phone went from blue to Gray and she stopped getting alerts to all her apps like Facebook,instagram,messaged,etc. We tried everything but after reading about the app called fresh network I instilled it. Wow what a GREAT APP worked right away don't know how just did! Thank you her life would have ended as we know it if not for that lol.....way cool06-16-2014 11:30 AM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus
Gray vs. blue icons.
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD