Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oxfat
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,059 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Default NFC problems- tagstand.com

Having a few issues and need advice.
    Bought some tags from tagstand a few months ago.
    They were not reporting data correctly so the company had to order new ones for me.

They threw in extras for my troubles.
    However, every tag they gave me, regardless of type is always reporting an NDEF error and that it's not NDEF compatable or formatable.

I contacted the company demanding money back, but since they teamed up with the developer of the app NFC task Launcher, there is no format option in the app.

ROM
    JellyBeans

Default Re: NFC problems- tagstand.com

I have read that there is a bug on ICS 4.0.0 - 4.0.2 that will not allow you to format NDEF.
    To get around this you have to order your tags already formatted or install a ROM that is based on 4.0.3 or above (bug was fixed in 4.0.3)

P.S.
    Tagstand.com will Pre-format tags, it is a few cents extra.
    Sent Via..Raven from Kings Landing
    BB Storm 1 > Samsung Droid Charge > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy Note II & LG G Pad 8.3

ROM
    AOKP on Franco MS 3

In my (two order) experience, Tagstand has been a reliable source. No problems, fast service, just a good experience. As stated above, the GNex requires NDEF formatted tags.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,059 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

They forgot to pre format the tags so I had to download a competitors app at their recommendation to write a text file that would then format the card and allow me to write data using tagstand app

Sent from the most overhyped phone since the Iphone 4s....

ROM
    AOKP on Franco MS 3

Get their hobbyist kit. Some tags work much, much better than others. The ultralight C tags work great! They look like a big, red and black bullseye, but other than being ugly, they're good tags.
    bbruin66 likes this.

You can try buying tags from www.buynfctags.com, they sell tags with NTAG Chips and these are pre-formatted with NDEF. They do sell other tags with the UL, ULC, or 1K chips, and you get the company to NDEF format them for you.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,059 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Thanks gang.

Tagstand sent me a ton more tags (I think I lost some LOL) and they sent me a box of cookies too!
    Tags are working great.
    They refunded my money and sent me stuff which I offered to pay for. Excellent CS...happy with them after the frustration.
    I do see a difference too since the new tags came. The first batch you had to be exactly on top of it to get it to read the tag correctly. The new ones seem to have a stronger connection.

Global Posts
    664 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alicechong7789 View Post
    You can try buying tags from www.buynfctags.com, they sell tags with NTAG Chips and these are pre-formatted with NDEF.
    Thanks for that link. I bought my (pre-formatted) tags from tagstand, but looks like buynfctags.com has cool stuff like keychains and cards and such as well. Tempting...