Half my OLED Screen is Faded

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I got my Brand New Replacement from Asurion and did the sign in to Google Process. Noticed that Half my screen was faded. hrmm I have another Replacement coming but i just wanted to know if anyone notice there's like this.

IMG_20120324_133834.jpg

you can see from this pic that the right side is faded. its not that bad but since i notice it, it bugs me...

i went to VZW today to confirm it. never have i seen or heard of this-

BTW... Asurion is the BEST!!

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I got my Brand New Replacement from Asurion and did the sign in to Google Process. Noticed that Half my screen was faded. hrmm I have another Replacement coming but i just wanted to know if anyone notice there's like this.

Click to view quoted image

you can see from this pic that the right side is faded. its not that bad but since i notice it, it bugs me...

i went to VZW today to confirm it. never have i seen or heard of this-

BTW... Asurion is the BEST!!

I'm confused. I dont see anything out of the ordinary there. Not saying that you arent having the issue, but maybe its something that a screen capture wont pick up?

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
IMG_20120324_134234.jpg

the screen cap dont show the fade the pic sucks sorry-

its supposed to be solid blue but on my phone its blue on the left and light blue on the right-

blacks are worst. Black on the left - Dark Purple on the Right

in person is the only way you can tell-

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I do see a gradient effect, darker on the left, lighter on the right. If it's like that on any screen, something's wrong.

w00derson

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
When did you get your replacement from Asurion? I just tried to file a claim a few minutes ago and it said that the Galaxy Nexus was on back order.

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
When did you get your replacement from Asurion? I just tried to file a claim a few minutes ago and it said that the Galaxy Nexus was on back order.

i placed it last Wednesday and got it Thursday. Then called them about my Screen on Saturday and now just waiting for UPS to deliver it this morning-

w00derson

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Did you file your claim online? I assume it didn't tell you anything about the GN being backordered, eh? I must have just missed the last of their stock then :(

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
nah, I called them Sat Morning. This fell under warranty so im good. Whats FUNNY is, They dont want the Accessories back. I have 3 of everything now: Batteries, USB Cables, Chargers, and wut not... lol

all i had to pay was 99bux-

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Also, why'd you go Assurion v. Verizon for the first replacement? No warranty claim? If you wanted to avoid the CLN program, I don't blame you--it's garbage.

That being said, if you have a backup phone, it might be a good idea to send direct to Samsung and use that thing for a week or so.

That's my next step, especially considering i'm on device 4 and it's a huge PITA to relock every time.

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Also, why'd you go Assurion v. Verizon for the first replacement? No warranty claim? If you wanted to avoid the CLN program, I don't blame you--it's garbage.

That being said, if you have a backup phone, it might be a good idea to send direct to Samsung and use that thing for a week or so.

That's my next step, especially considering i'm on device 4 and it's a huge PITA to relock every time.

ugh wut?
my first GNex i doped and chip the frame and knicked the screen-
VZW wouldnt replace it (i dont think)
got a brand new one from asurion for 99bux
the one i got the screen is messed up.
called on sat got a replacement.
i have the 3rd on in my Possession now-

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
ugh wut?
my first GNex i doped and chip the frame and knicked the screen-
VZW wouldnt replace it (i dont think)
got a brand new one from asurion for 99bux
the one i got the screen is messed up.
called on sat got a replacement.
i have the 3rd on in my Possession now-

Lol nm then. This third one is fine, or is the third one the one with the craziness?

You made the right move with Asurion IMO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20