When screen is off, app updates stop

ehaus81

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I'm updating or installing apps, if I turn my screen off or it times out it seems like the processes just stop until I turn the screen back on. This also happens when I'm updating my Listen subscriptions. If I do a manual refresh and new episodes start downloading but I turn my screen off it seems like they drop to a really low speed and sometimes they fail to completely download. This happens on both WiFi and cell data. I'm running 4.0.4 IMM30B. Any ideas what could be causing this?

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
In the wi-fi options there is a sleep when screen is off option. Uncheck that and your problems should be solved at least for wi-fi. Also check your market/play settings because you might have the update on wi-fi only option selected.

ehaus81

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
It's set to to always keep my wifi connection on and the Play settings are set to allow updates through any connection. But again, it almost seems like all processing stops or is at lease severely slowed when the screen is off. I went back to 4.0.2 stock and it seems like the issue is less severe. I'm wondering if anyone else using the 4.0.4 leak has experienced this issue.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually experiencing this issue with the latest nightly of CM9 (with the 3/17 gapps), which is based off of AOSP 4.0.3.

I'm wonder if it has anything to do with the latest Play store update. It's not a big hassle but it can be quite annoying when you have lots of apps to update.

fed123

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I set me screen time out at around 10 minutes and turn it off manually with a widget to protect my on-off button.

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
This is a known gnex bug where wifi falls asleep when screen turns off. Supposedly fixed in the next update.....I hope.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

KrispyKrink

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, well known ICS bug. It's present in 4.0.2 and 4.0.4, can't listen to streaming music, can't download podcasts and audiobooks unless the screen is on. It's one of the main reasons why I haven't used my Vz GN for about a month now and will probably get rid of it this Friday since I've already had it replaced twice by VZW and they refuse to do anymore hardware swaps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87