Tired of the bugs - Please help me restore

dawiyo

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I bought this phone back in January and things have been going okay so far. Well, recently I've been running into some weird issues that have got me to a point where I want to restore the firmware on the phone. Things like when I put the phone into airplane mode (which I do 4-6 times a day), I can't toggle it back without a restart. Bluetooth never seems to connect to my car unless I reboot. This phone is getting so frustrating.

From the research I've done, it seems I have to root the phone just to restore the firmware. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Dave

PS - Does everyone's music still stutter when the phone's screen is off or has this been fixed by some kind of update?

clicq0

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
PS - Does everyone's music still stutter when the phone's screen is off or has this been fixed by some kind of update?

Stuttering is going to be an issue until there's an update...
Issue 22763 - android - Music Stutters when playing long files and screen off: Galaxy Nexus - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

I'm currently working around it by using bluetooth headphones :).

As for resetting the phone, you can do what's suggested above, or if you really want to reset the phone to the state it was when you first got it... you can restore the phone following these steps (which I got from another post here, but I can't track it down anymore):

1. Power off the phone.
2. Hold both volume up and down and power at the same time.
3. You should now be in Fastboot.
4. Volume down to Recovery mode, tap power.
5. Once you see an open android hold power and tap the volume up button.
6. Select Wipe factory data reset (down arrow twice) and hit power.
7. Press volume down until you get to the line that says "Yes -- delete all user data" and hit power.
8. When done, select Reboot phone (using Volume buttons) and hit power.

I'm not sure if this is any different than doing a factory reset from the settings menu, but i had to do this when I wanted to turn off encryption on my phone :(. You don't need to have root or an unlocked boot loader to do this, though you will lose your data unless you back it up some other way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis