1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What is wrong with the ICS Keyboard?

I have one major issue with the ICS keyboard on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus. I don't get any auto-correct functionality on websites. For example leaving a post on AC. There is no auto-correct. It works fine in local apps, like messages, and the like, but it just doesn't do anything when I'm on a website forum... especially Disqus.

The Keyboard literally pushed me right back to my number 1, which is "Better Keyboard"...yes I know google kicked them out of the market but they are still on Amazon. Does anyone else have an issue with this?
    Last edited by I_Am_Incredible; 03-27-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Default Re: What is wrong with the ICS Keyboard?

I get auto correct with the ICS keyboard. Saw it while typing this post. However, I'm running the BAMF rom, which is based on 4.0.3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I guess I should mention i'm 100% Stock. And since different ROMS seem to work fine it must be an ICS issue? . . . but then again.... Every other keyboard works just fine....

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

I've noticed that sometimes when I'm on a forum or a text input field on the browser autocorrect doesn't always happen, and I haven't figured out a pattern quite yet, i usually look at the forums via tapatalk so it doesn't happen all that much

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

One thing I have noticed is that when I reply to a text or try to browse, my keyboard will open in the numbers/symbols page or it won't have the letters in caps to begin with. Just something annoying I have noticed.

Global Posts
    1,237 Global Posts

i had the same issue when i was running stock android