1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    stock

Default more facebook app shenanigans.

boy do I hate this app. The only mobile facebook app that doesn't make me want to break my device is the one for ipad. The one for iPhone sucked as much or more than the one for Android. ANYWAY recently tapping on notifications has stopped taking me to the post/pic/etc. I tried force stopping, clearing cache and clearing data. The only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling and reinstalling the app but I figured I would post here first to see if anyone else has had this issue come up. I'm on VZW 4.0.2. Thanks.

Default Re: more facebook app shenanigans.

I agree the FB app sucks in general, but I have actually found the i*ad app to be the worst offender. It force closes almost every 5 on mine and my parent's i*ad. On my gnex it tends to lose touch input, so that I can't actually click on anything, but this is much less then the force closing I previously described.

The Facebook app is really a proprietary browser. Most of the crap that goes wrong with it is on Facebook's end. Try using the mobile site or friend caster

Am I the only one who can't get Facebook to even post status updates or comments? On my previous phone, I never had that problem, but on my Nexus, every time I try to write something, it always says "Cannot post at this time, please try again later", or something like that. The only time it lets me do it through the app is if I upload a picture with the status update through the Gallery app.

I've even looked at reviews on the market and narrowed it down to Galaxy Nexus owners, and it didn't seem like any were reporting this issue, just that the app is slow, and whatnot. I've actually had two Galaxy Nexus units; the first had a screen defect (so I had it replaced with my newer one), but I don't remember having this issue on the first GNex... Ever since I got my new one, though, I've had this problem. Tried clearing the cache, the data, even uninstalled and reinstalled.

It's odd to me to think that there's something wrong with my phone, specifically, because what kind of problem could I have that only affects certain apps like that? There are also a few games that just loop their boot screens, and again, looking at reviews from other GNex users on the market, none report the same issues. What kind of defect could my phone have that would only affect certain apps like this?
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Yea there's something borked on there end. I can't tap notifactions to open. Really blows

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock w/ Root

Same as above ^. There are a lot of times I will have a few notifications, I click on the icon to show them and when I go to click on the individual notifications it doesn't register the input. POS.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts

It just starting doing that today...

ROM
    JellyBellyV3.6/FrancoR220

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Yea there's something borked on there end. I can't tap notifactions to open. Really blows
    Yeah my facebook app has been doing the same thing. Just started happening this afternoon too. still happening to me.

I'm on HTC Thunderbolt running stock gingerbread -unrooted- and i have been having the same issue. It pretty much has to be Facebook hat messed it up. I uninstalled and reinstalled and had the same issues from the get-go. By don't worry, I'm sure in less then a month Facebook will decide to change something again and we will hopefully get a fix for our issues
    Razr Maxx- THE BEAST
    Droid 4
    Droid 3
    -Isaac-
    Mobile Enthusiast

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB B1/Franco M5

Im more annoyed with the fact that Facebook wont update their app with the API to allow the Nexus to sync contacts with it. I have been holding out on buying Haxsync because I figured "It's only a matter of time".. Right. 3 1/2 months later...

And I know as soon as I buy haxsync facebook will inegrate it into their app.

EDIT: and I do know about friendcaster doing it, but the pics are not scaled right with that.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Facebook sync what is that? Oh I have that but disabled because its annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseign View Post
    Im more annoyed with the fact that Facebook wont update their app with the API to allow the Nexus to sync contacts with it. I have been holding out on buying Haxsync because I figured "It's only a matter of time".. Right. 3 1/2 months later...

EDIT: and I do know about friendcaster doing it, but the pics are not scaled right with that.

Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Another
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseign View Post

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

I just noticed the FB app in my phone doing the same thing yesterday. I try to tap the notifications and it wouldn't respond. I am thinking of just deleted the app.

Quote Originally Posted by MRW1215 View Post
    Am I the only one who can't get Facebook to even post status updates or comments?
    It's way easier to text your facebook updates, however they won't be geotagged or linked to friends.
    Mobile Enthusiast

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB B1/Franco M5

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Another

You're also running a ROM that allows facebook syncing. Stock ICS still does not, and I'm not flashing a rom to simply sync facebook, not that worth it to me.

At least you can get the app to display notifications. I have all notifications turned on, but have I ever received a single notification of a message/tagging/friend request? Nope.

ROM
    MMuzzy's Jelly Bean 4.2.1

Mine was doing this yesterday, but today is working like a champ again.

Quote Originally Posted by slave2theaxe View Post
    Mine was doing this yesterday, but today is working like a champ again.
    same

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by firebirdfrank View Post
    boy do I hate this app. The only mobile facebook app that doesn't make me want to break my device is the one for ipad. The one for iPhone sucked as much or more than the one for Android. ANYWAY recently tapping on notifications has stopped taking me to the post/pic/etc. I tried force stopping, clearing cache and clearing data. The only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling and reinstalling the app but I figured I would post here first to see if anyone else has had this issue come up. I'm on VZW 4.0.2. Thanks.
    The FB app on Android has always stunk. I don't use it. I have bookmarked facebook in Chrome on my phone and just go to that.

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MRW1215 View Post
    Am I the only one who can't get Facebook to even post status updates or comments? On my previous phone, I never had that problem, but on my Nexus, every time I try to write something, it always says "Cannot post at this time, please try again later", or something like that. The only time it lets me do it through the app is if I upload a picture with the status update through the Gallery app.

I've even looked at reviews on the market and narrowed it down to Galaxy Nexus owners, and it didn't seem like any were reporting this issue, just that the app is slow, and whatnot. I've actually had two Galaxy Nexus units; the first had a screen defect (so I had it replaced with my newer one), but I don't remember having this issue on the first GNex... Ever since I got my new one, though, I've had this problem. Tried clearing the cache, the data, even uninstalled and reinstalled.

It's odd to me to think that there's something wrong with my phone, specifically, because what kind of problem could I have that only affects certain apps like that? There are also a few games that just loop their boot screens, and again, looking at reviews from other GNex users on the market, none report the same issues. What kind of defect could my phone have that would only affect certain apps like this?
    well ur not the only one...I cannot find a solution to this problem...

Yes, I'm having the same problem. A few months ago, I updated to the Droid 4 and the built in FB app does the same thing to me that it's doing to you. Like you, mine worked fine on my old phone, but not the new one. I can't uninstall mine since it's built in, but I'm at a loss as to what to do. I use it to read everything, can get notifications, and even respond to comments, but I'm not able to post a status update or check in using the app. If I attempt to do so, I get the same message you've been getting. So, I've resorted to using my web browser to post status updates and downloaded Foursquare to check in. It's frustrating b/c I shouldn't have to do that and I know it. Anyway, just wanted to let you know you're not alone with this dilemma and I've yet to figure out a solution.

I never understood why I can't share a picture or link directly onto a friend's wall.