Anyone Else's signal getting worse lately?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this will help at all but try this..
Dial ##778#
Select Edit Mode
Password: 000000
Select: Modem Settings
Select: Rev A.
Select: Enable.
Hit: OK.
Hit: menu button.
Hit: Commit Modifications.
Hit yes to restart.

What this will do is put you on a seperate 3g/4g tower made for smart phones with larger bandwidth that is needed. This was origanally made for the HTC Thunderbolt but it also works with some other 4g Verizon devices.

-Good Luck :)

I believe that only works on the Thunderbolt or Rezound due to their radio setup. All it really does is force the phone to use the older 3G network protocol instead of the newer eHRPD (eHRPD is basically a bridge between the LTE and 3G networks). So, this will not set you up on any special tower for better bandwidth. The only time this would be of use is during an LTE outage that also tends to cause problems with eHRPD that could prevent an LTE device from falling back to or obtaining 3G service. Otherwise, there really isn't any advantage to setting it to Rev A.

RifterAD

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Last night, I downloaded the Hotmail app from the Android Play store and killed the exchange server. So far, I am sitting at 55% battery after 12 hours...that's about 8 times better than I was getting over the past few days! Plus, I found out that the hotmail app does push notification instead of needlessly pulling at certain times all day.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I was torn between the Nexus and Razr when they were first released but after owning the Droid charge which would restart itself all the time I was so leary of Samsung. So I patiently waited to see if they were going to get some of their issues resolved before I jumped back into one and while I waited Moto announced the Maxx. I watched the forums for awhile longer but pulled the trigger on it and couldn't be happier. Battery life is amazing. Call quality beats my Charge hands down. My wife can understand me in the car now. It even reads out my texts & allows me to reply via Sync. The Charge would play music but would not do that. After reading all these posts about the Gnex issues I just knew The Maxx was the way to go and I'm very glad I did. Those of you looking for reliability do not hesitate to try the Maxx.

NEcamp

May 21, 2012
Visit site
worse signal with nexus s since upgrade to 4.0.4

help needed!!! - live in a rural area & had fine signal with nexus s purchased in December ,even tested it at the cottage to make sure the signal would work there- but ever since the 4.0.4 upgrade I only get 2 bars of signal in my house - lots more no service areas in my vicinity & NO signal at the cottage!

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Live in Brooklyn, NY and had to call in to VZW because over the last two weeks, the signal has gone from bad to worse. On average i would get two solid bars. Now i'm lucky if it stays on 4G at all. They tired telling me it was my phone that suddenly went bad, which i didn't believe. But seems i'm not the only one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa