Anyone Else's signal getting worse lately?

pirahna

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
My signal was not bad when I first bought the phone but now it is horrible. Where my wife has a full 4g signal I barely get any signal at all and a lot of the time I just get no signal. I have to refresh web pages and the market constantly to get them to work at all. My phone has also started to reboot at least once a day and it never did that for the first few months I had it. Is anyone else having the same problems?

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I know this is useless for you, but absolutely not. I did notice my phone did a random reboot for the first time yesterday morning but I wasn't using it for anything. Just the bright colors caught the corner of my eye on my desk. I care not, though. Had it since launch day and never pulled the battery or did even a reboot (which is recommended from time to time) so my phone decided it was time. I say it's just smart:D

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Mine hasnt had a reboot but it seems like my signal has started acting funny.. Mine used to be fine, but now im getting grey bars and stuff.. Kinda strange..

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Opposite today, usually I only have 1 bar no matter where I go, very annoying then today randomly FULL BARS, after about 20 min I was back down to 1 and back to normal very sad lol.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I have had signal problems as of late. My phone will say it has full 4g but it wont connect to any web pages, so I switch to wifi and it loads. This happens at least twice a day. My random reboots are like maybe twice a month, its happen while doing almost everything watching videos, texting, using maps etc. I think everyone has had the random reboots there just not noticing them.

Last edited:

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Maybe Verizon is doing something on the network side. My Galaxy Nexus was having problems holding on to a signal today and was having the same problem with my iPhone and BlackBerry (which was actually stuck on 1xRTT for a while). Running the 4.0.3 radios.

Sent using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Both my phones have had dBm signal vary alot thoughout the day .So Im guessing it something vzw is doing on their end.
I always have a 4g( on Galaxy Nexus) or 3g(on Incredible) connection tho when not on WiFi's

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I lost signal for a few hours on my Verizon Nexus. I decided to do a battery pull and it worked. I hope Verizon is doing some network maintenance causing these signal issues.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I had no connection yesterday for a good part of the morning unless I hear used WiFi. I called Verizon and they suggested pulling the battery and said there was nothing going wrong with the network. I did that and it's been fine since.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I have signal most of the time, but they are grey and I have no connection. Also on the 4.04 radios
As much as I love this phone for everything else, the reception is just killing me. I have grey bars 75% of the time and rebooting or in/out of airplane more only works once and a while. I also have choppy reception a lot and drop calls left and right

fantom555

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
i live in nyc and my signal was so bad that VZ is sending me a maxx in exchange. my at&t service was better then the GN so i hope it works out.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I've owned the Galaxy Nexus since release day and this is standard behavior for this phone and many have been complaining about it since day one (and many of you saying we didn't know what we were talking about). I hope an update will solve all our GN problems SOON!!!

RifterAD

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I have had the phone since day one of release and for the most part, it had pretty good reception. The only problem I had was the 5-10 second delay when switching from 3G to 4G (and vice versa). But as of the past couple weeks, things have been much worse. I have been getting the gray bars without any connectivity until I go into airplane mode and then back to normal...but that doesn't always work.

My wife has never had any problems with her RAZR...but then again, she's always had slightly better reception than me everywhere we go. We have had to use her phone more often then not as of late. I hope the 4.0.4 (or whatever is next for VZ) will fix this.

Phurioso

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Luckily, I'm on wifi in my house but whenever I venture elsewhere the connection is never reliable. I can never connect to 4G, while my brother runs 4G easily off his Thunderbolt.....better be a software issue like Verizon says or there will be a storm of sh** flying at big red from a lot of unhappy, high-paying customers

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I got the phone release day from a vzw corp store. Haven't had any issues until today. Three time today I have had to pull the battery just to make a phone call. I'm all stock and locked bootloader. Have good LTE signal as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this will help at all but try this..
Dial ##778#
Select Edit Mode
Password: 000000
Select: Modem Settings
Select: Rev A.
Select: Enable.
Hit: OK.
Hit: menu button.
Hit: Commit Modifications.
Hit yes to restart.

What this will do is put you on a seperate 3g/4g tower made for smart phones with larger bandwidth that is needed. This was origanally made for the HTC Thunderbolt but it also works with some other 4g Verizon devices.

-Good Luck :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret