Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Anyone Else's signal getting worse lately?

My signal was not bad when I first bought the phone but now it is horrible. Where my wife has a full 4g signal I barely get any signal at all and a lot of the time I just get no signal. I have to refresh web pages and the market constantly to get them to work at all. My phone has also started to reboot at least once a day and it never did that for the first few months I had it. Is anyone else having the same problems?

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

Default Re: Anyone Else's signal getting worse lately?

I know this is useless for you, but absolutely not. I did notice my phone did a random reboot for the first time yesterday morning but I wasn't using it for anything. Just the bright colors caught the corner of my eye on my desk. I care not, though. Had it since launch day and never pulled the battery or did even a reboot (which is recommended from time to time) so my phone decided it was time. I say it's just smart

Mine hasnt had a reboot but it seems like my signal has started acting funny.. Mine used to be fine, but now im getting grey bars and stuff.. Kinda strange..

Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts

Opposite today, usually I only have 1 bar no matter where I go, very annoying then today randomly FULL BARS, after about 20 min I was back down to 1 and back to normal very sad lol.

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.04 IMM76K

I have had signal problems as of late. My phone will say it has full 4g but it wont connect to any web pages, so I switch to wifi and it loads. This happens at least twice a day. My random reboots are like maybe twice a month, its happen while doing almost everything watching videos, texting, using maps etc. I think everyone has had the random reboots there just not noticing them.
    Last edited by trigun123478; 03-30-2012 at 02:05 AM.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,009 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

mine sucks lately since using 4.04 radios.

Mine has been much worse lately also. I switched to the .4 radios and that didn't help. I went back to the .3 and it's still acting screwy.

Global Posts
    11,757 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Maybe Verizon is doing something on the network side. My Galaxy Nexus was having problems holding on to a signal today and was having the same problem with my iPhone and BlackBerry (which was actually stuck on 1xRTT for a while). Running the 4.0.3 radios.

Sent using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    6,657 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Both my phones have had dBm signal vary alot thoughout the day .So Im guessing it something vzw is doing on their end.
    I always have a 4g( on Galaxy Nexus) or 3g(on Incredible) connection tho when not on WiFi's

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

Yesterday I lost signal for a few hours on my Verizon Nexus. I decided to do a battery pull and it worked. I hope Verizon is doing some network maintenance causing these signal issues.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Haven't noticed any changes for me in the last few day but I'm on wifi most of the time.

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

I had no connection yesterday for a good part of the morning unless I hear used WiFi. I called Verizon and they suggested pulling the battery and said there was nothing going wrong with the network. I did that and it's been fine since.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

the signal bars are inconsistent. some days are better than others in the same location.

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

I have signal most of the time, but they are grey and I have no connection. Also on the 4.04 radios
    As much as I love this phone for everything else, the reception is just killing me. I have grey bars 75% of the time and rebooting or in/out of airplane more only works once and a while. I also have choppy reception a lot and drop calls left and right
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

i live in nyc and my signal was so bad that VZ is sending me a maxx in exchange. my at&t service was better then the GN so i hope it works out.

I've owned the Galaxy Nexus since release day and this is standard behavior for this phone and many have been complaining about it since day one (and many of you saying we didn't know what we were talking about). I hope an update will solve all our GN problems SOON!!!

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

I have had the phone since day one of release and for the most part, it had pretty good reception. The only problem I had was the 5-10 second delay when switching from 3G to 4G (and vice versa). But as of the past couple weeks, things have been much worse. I have been getting the gray bars without any connectivity until I go into airplane mode and then back to normal...but that doesn't always work.

My wife has never had any problems with her RAZR...but then again, she's always had slightly better reception than me everywhere we go. We have had to use her phone more often then not as of late. I hope the 4.0.4 (or whatever is next for VZ) will fix this.

Luckily, I'm on wifi in my house but whenever I venture elsewhere the connection is never reliable. I can never connect to 4G, while my brother runs 4G easily off his Thunderbolt.....better be a software issue like Verizon says or there will be a storm of sh** flying at big red from a lot of unhappy, high-paying customers

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

I got the phone release day from a vzw corp store. Haven't had any issues until today. Three time today I have had to pull the battery just to make a phone call. I'm all stock and locked bootloader. Have good LTE signal as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I don't know if this will help at all but try this..
    Dial ##778#
    Select Edit Mode
    Password: 000000
    Select: Modem Settings
    Select: Rev A.
    Select: Enable.
    Hit: OK.
    Hit: menu button.
    Hit: Commit Modifications.
    Hit yes to restart.

What this will do is put you on a seperate 3g/4g tower made for smart phones with larger bandwidth that is needed. This was origanally made for the HTC Thunderbolt but it also works with some other 4g Verizon devices.

-Good Luck
    Razr Maxx- THE BEAST
    Droid 4
    Droid 3
    -Isaac-

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

I get call can not be completed as dialed
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by isaacdibb1095 View Post
    I don't know if this will help at all but try this..
    Dial ##778#
    Select Edit Mode
    Password: 000000
    Select: Modem Settings
    Select: Rev A.
    Select: Enable.
    Hit: OK.
    Hit: menu button.
    Hit: Commit Modifications.
    Hit yes to restart.

What this will do is put you on a seperate 3g/4g tower made for smart phones with larger bandwidth that is needed. This was origanally made for the HTC Thunderbolt but it also works with some other 4g Verizon devices.

-Good Luck
    I believe that only works on the Thunderbolt or Rezound due to their radio setup. All it really does is force the phone to use the older 3G network protocol instead of the newer eHRPD (eHRPD is basically a bridge between the LTE and 3G networks). So, this will not set you up on any special tower for better bandwidth. The only time this would be of use is during an LTE outage that also tends to cause problems with eHRPD that could prevent an LTE device from falling back to or obtaining 3G service. Otherwise, there really isn't any advantage to setting it to Rev A.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Last night, I downloaded the Hotmail app from the Android Play store and killed the exchange server. So far, I am sitting at 55% battery after 12 hours...that's about 8 times better than I was getting over the past few days! Plus, I found out that the hotmail app does push notification instead of needlessly pulling at certain times all day.

I was torn between the Nexus and Razr when they were first released but after owning the Droid charge which would restart itself all the time I was so leary of Samsung. So I patiently waited to see if they were going to get some of their issues resolved before I jumped back into one and while I waited Moto announced the Maxx. I watched the forums for awhile longer but pulled the trigger on it and couldn't be happier. Battery life is amazing. Call quality beats my Charge hands down. My wife can understand me in the car now. It even reads out my texts & allows me to reply via Sync. The Charge would play music but would not do that. After reading all these posts about the Gnex issues I just knew The Maxx was the way to go and I'm very glad I did. Those of you looking for reliability do not hesitate to try the Maxx.
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"

Unhappy worse signal with nexus s since upgrade to 4.0.4

help needed!!! - live in a rural area & had fine signal with nexus s purchased in December ,even tested it at the cottage to make sure the signal would work there- but ever since the 4.0.4 upgrade I only get 2 bars of signal in my house - lots more no service areas in my vicinity & NO signal at the cottage!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast