Juice Defender Plus

shanedroid1

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just installed Juice Defender Plus and I am playing around with the settings and what not trying to figure it out. Who here uses Juice Defender and what is your set up like?

Reactions: ZachDasher

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
It all depends there are plenty of threads on it. I tried found it to b more of pia on my data and battery. Whenever I woke it up it takes forever for data to reconnect using what battery savings u might gave gained is lost. Ive learned to just live with phone and when it needs a charge I charge I don't care about trying to save few percent on battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Bjames7

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I also had problems with wake up and reconnecting. It did save battery and did what it says it does but became a pain. I stopped using it,

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Paid for it and don't use it on my device anymore. See above comments ^^^^^:cool:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mds54

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I just have mine set on "aggressive", and a couple of other user settings. It seems to work fine for me, with a factor of x2.30

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just installed Juice Defender Plus and I am playing around with the settings and what not trying to figure it out. Who here uses Juice Defender and what is your set up like?

I had it on my Dinc and use it every so often on the Gnex...Works great, but when in a low reception area, phone has a hard time coming out of it's data sleep mode I call it.

It is best to use when you are going to be away from any power source for an extended period of time.
I have it set to balanced.

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My problem with apps like these was that Android was built to be updating data constantly. So what i personally fund was that when i would wake my phone it would update everything and just drain my battery a lot at that moment instead of slightly over time. So it would just work out to about the same. Although i could have just not set up settings correctly.

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Just an observation from a former, long time Juice Defender Plus user. By undervolting, and having the data turn off when my screen goes off, my battery has been as good if not better. By using JDP, I noticed switching from 3G to 4G to WI-FI was severely delayed or caused an error with the radios. Also by not using it saved on CPU resources.

When I did use it, I put it on Custom (or aggressive). WI-FI preferred, No Schedule, Turn Data off at night between 1AM-6AM, turn data on when the screen was on and saved Wi-Fi location. It is a good app but I found I didn't need it anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle