use bluetooth headset for navigiation voice commands and prompts?

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi. Am running stock android. My motorola bluetooth earpieces don't work with navigation, only good for phone calls, and some voice commands. Would like to a)route the navigation through the headset and give it commands.
Does anyone know of a monural, BT headset that will support this profile?

tx

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: use bluetooth headset for navigiation voice commands and prom

When I use my GN Navigation through my car's bluetooth, it streams it via "streaming audio" as an aux component, like when I am using it to stream music/media via bluetooth to the car's stereo. I would assume one of the bluetooth stereo headsets would pick it up for you. I know you are looking for a mono/one ear headset, but I don't know of any that would work for you?

Reactions: samkatz

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: use bluetooth headset for navigiation voice commands and prom

When I use my GN Navigation through my car's bluetooth, it streams it via "streaming audio" as an aux component, like when I am using it to stream music/media via bluetooth to the car's stereo. I would assume one of the bluetooth stereo headsets would pick it up for you. I know you are looking for a mono/one ear headset, but I don't know of any that would work for you?

HaHa! You won't believe it. I actually have a Samsung HM110 blue tooth headpiece/one ear. I haven't used it in a while. I just tried it out and it actually sends the step by step navigation prompts out over the head piece. I remember I picked the head piece up at a well known office supply retailer that sells "staples" for something like $25.

Reactions: samkatz