1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cant download mms text

so some friends of mine have the icrap and theyre intentionally sending me some kind of mms text pic that my phone wont download.

my wife owns one too and she always sends me pics which i can view perfectly fine (mind u theyre all on att)

when i click on download, it just stays on "downloading" and nothing happens. it shows how big the files are and its under 30kb so its pretty frustrating that i cant view it.

i turned off wifi to see if thatll make a difference, nothing

any suggestions?
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Sometimes my biddy sends me pics from his fruit phone. When this problem happens to me which is normally when he forwards the message to me. I ask him to resend it without the text. Just the pic. All ends up well. See if that'll work for you.

Dropped from XparentLiquidNexus via TapaTalk
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Cant download mms text

great, thats all i gotta do is be like oh umm ya since i dont have that phone could you please resend me that pic but take out the text bc my phone cant view it...sounds like more ammo to bash me with.

whenever they do, i always tell them i like my freedom and not worry about restrictions or being a sheep
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

so this problem is still occurring.

as i mentioned my wife has iphone and now all the pics she sends me doesnt dl anymore either.

she sends me actual pics, not forwarding junk. and they dont dl

anyone know why this is happening? is it an att/verizon fued? or iphone vs android intentional cockblock?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

i think i found a way to "resolve" it

i turned off wifi and the phone seemed to dl the pics fine. kinda seems lame if thats the case

ROM
    4.0.4 leak

Quote Originally Posted by shaytoon21 View Post
    i think i found a way to "resolve" it

i turned off wifi and the phone seemed to dl the pics fine. kinda seems lame if thats the case
    Yup, that would likely do it. I've seen plenty of cases around here of people saying they can't download MMS while on Wifi. Probably because MMS gets sent as data over the mobile network and if you're on Wifi your phone doesn't listen for data on the mobile network (AFAIK)
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus | Bugless Beast 4.1.1
    If you appreciate something I post, like it and/or give thanks!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ok so the problem is back. wifi is turned off and it still wont dl. i closed all running apps in background. left wifi off for an hour and let the pic "download" but still nothing. this is getting really annoying.

i literally feel like those ****** bags in the att commercials where everyone gets a message or pic while "the other guys" are still waiting around.

i have 4g service (full bars) at my house so i know it has nothing to do with reception.

does anyone know if this is going to be fixed with the new update? or least have it work even when wifi is on?

If you are using the stock messaging app, I would recommend a third party one, like goSMS. I find that the stock messaging app is lacking, especially in the mms department... for some reason all my Samsung Android phones receive a picture message and plays it back like a video for some reason but using a goSMS everything works smoothly.

So, just try a third party texting app like goSMA, handsent etc.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by dtothesquare View Post
    I find that the stock messaging app is lacking, especially in the mms department... for some reason all my Samsung Android phones receive a picture message and plays it back like a video for some reason .
    i totally forgot about that. that happens to me as well every now and its super annoying. i will dl that 3rd party right away, thank you for that info

My MMS messages will only download if i initiate it manually. They've stopped auto-downloading for some reason, even though the option is checked in the settings menu. Don't remember if it worked correctly in 4.0.2 but, in all of the 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 roms I've tried it hasn't worked correctly.

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

are you running Juice Defender? I have the same problem and I need to switch it off whenever I send/recieve any MMS
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by dsuppa View Post
    are you running Juice Defender? I have the same problem and I need to switch it off whenever I send/recieve any MMS
    i am running juice defender

so i took the other persons advice(sorry i didnt check ur user name and i dont wanna click back lol) and downloaded GOsms pro. that seems to be working fine BUT because of juice defender, it has disconnected my reception so its as if i have no service, the full bars are grayed out.

at this point, i am able to make and receive calls. texting is very moody. Gosms will sometimes say theres no reception and it cannot dl pics or send out txts

i cannot surf the web anymore since i installed go sms??

this is tripping me out.

its these kinds of small stupid things that make the other phone look superior. all i want to do is send and receive mms texts without having to worry about turning off my wifi, making sure this app or that app doesnt interfere.

im going to uninstall juice defender as ive noticed it saved me an hour or 2 per day depending on my usage but since i have a charger in my car and work i dont have to worry about it dying. so well see how that goes..

also just a quick complaint about go sms lol...i hate how the smileys arent on the same screen as keyboard, u have to click back to pick a face then click back into keyboard (hey man its all about convenience...yall wanna knw what was one of the biggest things that drew me into android was?? it was a statement i read about a big diff between iphone vs android....they said when u have an iphone, u have to use it the way they want u to. which i absolutely agree and the only reason why i hated every apple product)
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

so im still not sure why the phone is acting up this way. i uninstalled juice defender. GOsms is still on.

i have no service for internet at all. i cant do anything from browsing, search, play store. nothing. its just 4 gray bars.

i turned phone off and then turned it on an hour later, i thought theyre service was down but i cant seem to find any info about that....anyone have ideas or suggestions why this is happening now?

The person that commented MMS messages require connectivity to the paid mobile network is right on! I am running Android ICS on a Galaxy III and immediately got MMS messages to automatically download one I selected the configuration option of ""Use Packet Data" under Settings->More Settings->Mobile Networks. Still stinks that iPhone users force Android users to have billable data minutes consumed to read only THEIR messages. Thanks Apple!

Go to settings and switch from late/CDMA to just CDMA then back to lte/CDMA. Don't ask me why it just worked for me.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

since updating to JB, i have yet to encounter this issue

if youre using juice defender sometimes its cuts your mobile data off go to settings,data usage and cut your mobile data back on it worked for me

Lightbulb Regarding Mms Download From Message

So Finally My Friends I Am Very Lucky And Happy To Say This That I Have Succeded Yo Download MMS From Mobile...
    Here It Is......
    1.Download Go Sms Pro
    2.After Installing It Switch Off Ur Wifi
    3.Before Turning On Ur Mobile Data Goto More Setting And select Acess Point Name
    4.Then Select Mms Acess Point If Not There No Problem
    5.Then Switch On Mobile Data
    6.Open Go Sms And Download It....
    Thats All My Friends Thanks To Go Sms Pro.....