Cant download mms text
01-29-2016 03:25 PM
- so some friends of mine have the icrap and theyre intentionally sending me some kind of mms text pic that my phone wont download.
my wife owns one too and she always sends me pics which i can view perfectly fine (mind u theyre all on att)
when i click on download, it just stays on "downloading" and nothing happens. it shows how big the files are and its under 30kb so its pretty frustrating that i cant view it.
i turned off wifi to see if thatll make a difference, nothing
any suggestions?04-06-2012 11:11 PM
- sicario666AndroidSkullSometimes my biddy sends me pics from his fruit phone. When this problem happens to me which is normally when he forwards the message to me. I ask him to resend it without the text. Just the pic. All ends up well. See if that'll work for you.
Dropped from XparentLiquidNexus via TapaTalk04-07-2012 01:21 AM
- great, thats all i gotta do is be like oh umm ya since i dont have that phone could you please resend me that pic but take out the text bc my phone cant view it...sounds like more ammo to bash me with.
whenever they do, i always tell them i like my freedom and not worry about restrictions or being a sheep04-07-2012 09:25 AM
- so this problem is still occurring.
as i mentioned my wife has iphone and now all the pics she sends me doesnt dl anymore either.
she sends me actual pics, not forwarding junk. and they dont dl
anyone know why this is happening? is it an att/verizon fued? or iphone vs android intentional cockblock?04-08-2012 10:51 PM
- 04-09-2012 12:55 PM
- ok so the problem is back. wifi is turned off and it still wont dl. i closed all running apps in background. left wifi off for an hour and let the pic "download" but still nothing. this is getting really annoying.
i literally feel like those ****** bags in the att commercials where everyone gets a message or pic while "the other guys" are still waiting around.
i have 4g service (full bars) at my house so i know it has nothing to do with reception.
does anyone know if this is going to be fixed with the new update? or least have it work even when wifi is on?04-15-2012 09:37 PM
- If you are using the stock messaging app, I would recommend a third party one, like goSMS. I find that the stock messaging app is lacking, especially in the mms department... for some reason all my Samsung Android phones receive a picture message and plays it back like a video for some reason but using a goSMS everything works smoothly.
So, just try a third party texting app like goSMA, handsent etc.04-16-2012 12:52 AM
- 04-16-2012 07:50 AM
- My MMS messages will only download if i initiate it manually. They've stopped auto-downloading for some reason, even though the option is checked in the settings menu. Don't remember if it worked correctly in 4.0.2 but, in all of the 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 roms I've tried it hasn't worked correctly.04-16-2012 08:10 AM
so i took the other persons advice(sorry i didnt check ur user name and i dont wanna click back lol) and downloaded GOsms pro. that seems to be working fine BUT because of juice defender, it has disconnected my reception so its as if i have no service, the full bars are grayed out.
at this point, i am able to make and receive calls. texting is very moody. Gosms will sometimes say theres no reception and it cannot dl pics or send out txts
i cannot surf the web anymore since i installed go sms??
this is tripping me out.
its these kinds of small stupid things that make the other phone look superior. all i want to do is send and receive mms texts without having to worry about turning off my wifi, making sure this app or that app doesnt interfere.
im going to uninstall juice defender as ive noticed it saved me an hour or 2 per day depending on my usage but since i have a charger in my car and work i dont have to worry about it dying. so well see how that goes..
also just a quick complaint about go sms lol...i hate how the smileys arent on the same screen as keyboard, u have to click back to pick a face then click back into keyboard (hey man its all about convenience...yall wanna knw what was one of the biggest things that drew me into android was?? it was a statement i read about a big diff between iphone vs android....they said when u have an iphone, u have to use it the way they want u to. which i absolutely agree and the only reason why i hated every apple product)04-16-2012 03:25 PMLike 1
- so im still not sure why the phone is acting up this way. i uninstalled juice defender. GOsms is still on.
i have no service for internet at all. i cant do anything from browsing, search, play store. nothing. its just 4 gray bars.
i turned phone off and then turned it on an hour later, i thought theyre service was down but i cant seem to find any info about that....anyone have ideas or suggestions why this is happening now?04-16-2012 04:56 PM
- The person that commented MMS messages require connectivity to the paid mobile network is right on! I am running Android ICS on a Galaxy III and immediately got MMS messages to automatically download one I selected the configuration option of ""Use Packet Data" under Settings->More Settings->Mobile Networks. Still stinks that iPhone users force Android users to have billable data minutes consumed to read only THEIR messages. Thanks Apple!09-25-2012 10:06 AM
- So Finally My Friends I Am Very Lucky And Happy To Say This That I Have Succeded Yo Download MMS From Mobile...
Here It Is......
1.Download Go Sms Pro
2.After Installing It Switch Off Ur Wifi
3.Before Turning On Ur Mobile Data Goto More Setting And select Acess Point Name
4.Then Select Mms Acess Point If Not There No Problem
5.Then Switch On Mobile Data
6.Open Go Sms And Download It....
Thats All My Friends Thanks To Go Sms Pro.....08-10-2013 04:31 PM
- I don't usually answer these but it was really helpful... The SMS go pro app worked instantly for me. I was having all off the problems that the others were... I have a Samsung phone and use straight talk..... Texting with people who have I phones absolutely sucked.. Their texts just came as "download" and wouldn't download.... After I downloaded the app I sent a pic to my daughter, then a pic with a text...... Bot went fine. Then I went back and downloaded the messages from people with Iphones from the past... They downloaded also... Hope this helps people who are as frustrated as I was..... I will update later whether these solutions last or not... But for right now, I'm extremely pleased.08-12-2014 05:00 PM
- Thank you for having this posting - YES, turning off the wifi (which I thought would help and save data usage) is the only way I can open MMS. I had 2km & 30km and neither would open just attempt to download and fail. As soon as I turned the wifi off.... walla. Thanks03-01-2015 04:37 PM
- the person that commented mms messages require connectivity to the paid mobile network is right on! I am running android ics on a galaxy iii and immediately got mms messages to automatically download one i selected the configuration option of ""use packet data" under settings->more settings->mobile networks. Still stinks that iphone users force android users to have billable data minutes consumed to read only their messages. Thanks apple!03-31-2015 07:07 PM
- Hi all
I had the same issues as every one with not being able to send or receive mms.Believe me when i say i tried everything out there to no avail
My solution/problem was a very easy fix (after weeks of trial and error)Go to settings then data usage then turn mobile data on
you should see a graph with your usage.All you do is adjust your data usage to say 9 gig or something high and that is it
What i can gather why this works is because if your data is set at say 2 gig it restricts what can be downloaded ie mms
Good luck i hope this helps01-29-2016 03:25 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus
Cant download mms text
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD