4g turned on in York, PA

cmajews1

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
To my amazement after leaving the confines of my wifi signal I am showing 3-4 bars of 4g in York, PA. Finally Verizon thank you.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
To my amazement after leaving the confines of my wifi signal I am showing 3-4 bars of 4g in York, PA. Finally Verizon thank you.

I was giddy as a schoolgirl when VZ turned on 4g in my area last year. The amazement does wear off though and sheer speed becomes "normal" :D

jeremy81

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I just signed up for Verizon and received my Galaxy Nexus(and LG Spectrum) on Friday and was shocked to see that LTE is turned on in my small town in OK. The map doesn't indicate LTE coverage yet and no announcements. The Spectrum is getting over 40mbps but my Nexus is topping out at 28-30. It's nice to see how rapidly Verizon is expanding LTE.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I just signed up for Verizon and received my Galaxy Nexus(and LG Spectrum) on Friday and was shocked to see that LTE is turned on in my small town in OK. The map doesn't indicate LTE coverage yet and no announcements. The Spectrum is getting over 40mbps but my Nexus is topping out at 28-30. It's nice to see how rapidly Verizon is expanding LTE.

And yet I, living about 25 minutes outside of downtown Los Angeles, don't get LTE. WTF Verizon. I'm sorry to sound elitist, but when I see so many random "smaller" towns getting it, it really pisses me off.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
And yet I, living about 25 minutes outside of downtown Los Angeles, don't get LTE. WTF Verizon. I'm sorry to sound elitist, but when I see so many random "smaller" towns getting it, it really pisses me off.

Perks on being on the east coast nestled around Boston, NY, Philly, Baltimore and Washington area. :cool:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

lfeuln

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
If it makes you feel better, I live in a Philly suburb and while the town center is covered by Verizon LTE my apartment is not. It's still very location dependent even in the northeast.

But I have wondered why Bryan-College Station gets AT&T LTE and yet nothing's even been announced for Philly. Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome