Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help me make my POS nexus better!

I bought a galaxy nexus on December 15th. I broke that one out of frustration because it's such a glitchy POS I threw it.

Anyway, I'm here as a last ditch effort to make this phone better because I get rid of it and go back to my pre2. I really liked my pre2 and only left it because oh HP abandoning the platform. I had preware on it and it was the best thing since sliced bread so if there is a program like preware for the Galaxy Nexus I would be very happy to give it a try.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. The most frustrating this with this phone is that the mic drops out during calls.

ROM
    Kang/CM10

Default Re: Help me make my POS nexus better!

Seems to be a re-accuring theme... People throwing their Nexus against the wall. Seriously, Anger Management!!!

I've had mic drops as well, and have yet to find the issue. But I know that if I run Android Assistant, some process gets killed that is causing the issue, and i'm fine right after. But no need to throw the Nexus. Just seems dumb to get frustrated over a phone. Not to mention an update will be coming soon that is going to address this very issue.

I told myself I was done with flagging roms when I got my Nexus just because I done have time to keep everything up to date. Last night in order to save myself money from throwing it against the wall I unlocked it flashed a rom with 4.0.4. This thing is amazing so far!
    Thanked by:
    SOTK 
    mclarryjr and ptm88 like this.

Global Posts
    794 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by wyseguy77 View Post
    I told myself I was done with flagging roms when I got my Nexus just because I done have time to keep everything up to date. Last night in order to save myself money from throwing it against the wall I unlocked it flashed a rom with 4.0.4. This thing is amazing so far!
    Same occurance with me. Finally unlocked and flashed the 4.0.4 leak today. I'm really pleased with how much of a difference the experience is compared to 4.0.2. It's fixed everything I had a problem with previously -- just need to make sure the 3G/4G/WiFi handoffs, and the issues with the mic cutting out are fixed, too. I just don't like that I was forced to modify my phone to get it to work. But what's done is done. Really look forward to when 4.0.5 rolls out, assuming that's what we're getting.
    So many phones, so little time.
    jroc likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by SeigaGen View Post
    Seems to be a re-accuring theme... People throwing their Nexus against the wall. Seriously, Anger Management!!!

I've had mic drops as well, and have yet to find the issue. But I know that if I run Android Assistant, some process gets killed that is causing the issue, and i'm fine right after. But no need to throw the Nexus. Just seems dumb to get frustrated over a phone. Not to mention an update will be coming soon that is going to address this very issue.
    I know right! It's is so much cheaper and feels so much better than paying for anger management!

Quote Originally Posted by wyseguy77 View Post
    So, about this rom thing, is it like doing a bios update? Is it reversible? Verizon seriously takes to long to test updates before allowing them OTA. We had the same problem with webos.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

We have a rom forum. Start exploring!
    Thanked by 2:
    mooscSOTK 
    Comineeyeaha likes this.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/CM10

Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    I bought a galaxy nexus on December 15th. I broke that one out of frustration because it's such a glitchy POS I threw it.

Anyway, I'm here as a last ditch effort to make this phone better because I get rid of it and go back to my pre2. I really liked my pre2 and only left it because oh HP abandoning the platform. I had preware on it and it was the best thing since sliced bread so if there is a program like preware for the Galaxy Nexus I would be very happy to give it a try.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. The most frustrating this with this phone is that the mic drops out during calls.
    OK, I know you're frustrated, but first of all, it would help if you didn't call it a POS, and for Pete's sake, don't throw it against the wall. I'm more inclined to help people when they refrain from the POS comments and whatnot. Reason being is that I find the GNex to be the best phone I've ever owned and the best experience I've ever had.

2nd, you need to read. No offense against Android Central, but I would suggest going to rootzwiki.com and reading the many tutorials they have in the Galaxy Nexus CDMA subforum. There are tools, guide, download links, and step by step instructions on how to unlock the bootloader, flash CWM Recovery, and flash Roms. There are many to choose from. It will be a little overwhelming at first. Maybe do some reading and then come back here for some questions. I, myself, am recently getting involved in the Rom section here and I know there are many helpful guys already present and willing to help. I do think its important that you read first so you can learn for your self the process. Then ask questions. Flashing is really quite easy and fun once you get over the learning part and fear hurdle. OK?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Device: Galaxy Nexus, Transformer Prime
    Rom/Kernel: AOKP/ImoseyOn Lean Kernel, CM10
    Comineeyeaha likes this.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by SOTK View Post
    OK, I know you're frustrated, but first of all, it would help if you didn't call it a POS, and for Pete's sake, don't throw it against the wall. I'm more inclined to help people when they refrain from the POS comments and whatnot. Reason being is that I find the GNex to be the best phone I've ever owned and the best experience I've ever had.

2nd, you need to read. No offense against Android Central, but I would suggest going to rootzwiki.com and reading the many tutorials they have in the Galaxy Nexus CDMA subforum. There are tools, guide, download links, and step by step instructions on how to unlock the bootloader, flash CWM Recovery, and flash Roms. There are many to choose from. It will be a little overwhelming at first. Maybe do some reading and then come back here for some questions. I, myself, am recently getting involved in the Rom section here and I know there are many helpful guys already present and willing to help. I do think its important that you read first so you can learn for your self the process. Then ask questions. Flashing is really quite easy and fun once you get over the learning part and fear hurdle. OK?

Absolutely agree. RootzWiki, XDA, etc. are great, great resources. Us folks in the rom forum here will also help, and if we don't know the answer we probably know where to point you.
    Thanked by:
    SOTK 

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I am going to be honest, if I didn't have the dropped mic issue, I thought the nexus was pretty slick out of the box. The developers are amazing that work on this. Why could not I get a good nexus! I miss the fun....damn you QC.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    I am going to be honest, if I didn't have the dropped mic issue, I thought the nexus was pretty slick out of the box. The developers are amazing that work on this. Why could not I get a good nexus! I miss the fun....damn you QC.
    It's even worse at the CLN level. I can't believe they let those devices leave. If they would fix the reported issue instead of just polishing it up and sending it back out I bet you we'd have far less complaints...
    Banned

"Help me make my POS nexus better!"

Yeah, not a great start for asking people for help. I for one will now ignore any request.
    Thanked by:
    SOTK 
    Comineeyeaha and jroc like this.

I saw a thread on rootzwiki where several users stated that users here are basically dumb noobs.
    It seems some of them have a superiority complex.
    I'm sure some of them are intelligent but that doesn't mean they should put down others.

I rooted my first Android phone (Droid 2) using the command line on the phone, no one click root, no adb.
    I learned how to root my DX and Nexus (again no one click root) and install ROMs before I ever heard of rootzwiki.

I know it may be harder for some people to catch on than others, but I would never call anyone stupid because of it.
    Thanked by:
    jroc 
    beerhound likes this.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    I saw a thread on rootzwiki where several users stated that users here are basically dumb noobs.
    I'm sure some of them are intelligent but that doesn't mean they should put down others.

I rooted my first Android phone (Droid 2) using the command line on the phone, no one click root, no adb.
    I learned how to root my DX and Nexus (again no one click root) and install ROMs before I ever heard of rootzwiki.

I know it may be harder for some people to catch on than others, but I would never call anyone stupid because of it.
    Yeah, you have to cut through those types of attitudes at RW and XDA. It's more prevalent in the latter, FWIW.

Too bad yours didn't work out for you. The top roms are getting pretty mature nowadays, and they just plain rok.

Yeah I'm using Tapatalk right now ;-)

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by davey11 View Post
    Too bad yours didn't work out for you. The top roms are getting pretty mature nowadays, and they just plain rok.

Yeah I'm using Tapatalk right now ;-)
    Thanks man, I am scorned because I had the OG droid and drooled for a nexus for years. Love the openness and the community, can't be beat. I bet it is getting awesome and will continue to do so...
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Thanks man, I am scorned because I had the OG droid and drooled for a nexus for years. Love the openness and the community, can't be beat. I bet it is getting awesome and will continue to do so...
    Yup, it's just getting started. DroidTh3ory's MORFR promises to be amazing. Can't wait.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/CM10

Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post

I was guilty of posting in that thread but it was not aimed at people who are willing to learn, are learning, or wanting to learn. It was aimed at people who refuse to learn and who put down us flashers and modders. I can't believe the attitude by some here. I don't have a superiority complex. I really enjoy Modding/flashing and the like. I have a desire to help people, and my passion to pass on what I've learned is instead met with resistance and name calling. There seems to be a culture of ignorant bliss here. This is what was communicated in that thread on rootzwiki. Just wanted to make that clear.

Device: Galaxy Nexus, Transformer Prime
    Rom/Kernel: AOKP/ImoseyOn Lean Kernel, CM10

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Yup, it's just getting started. DroidTh3ory's MORFR promises to be amazing. Can't wait.
    All the fun you are all about to have makes me want to jailbreak my iPhone and mod the crap out of it
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

All the fun you are all about to have makes me want to jailbreak my iPhone and mod the crap out of it
    You've got nothing to lose...until you have to redo it after updating lol

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

You've got nothing to lose...until you have to redo it after updating lol
    Oo burn!

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

At least I have a solid backup on the comp....just have to organize my app tray
    Banned

At least I have a solid backup on the comp....just have to organize my app tray
    I don't think you can jailbreak it... unless someone found an exploit recently.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by rufflez View Post
    I don't think you can jailbreak it... unless someone found an exploit recently.
    The most recent iOS (at least the one from when the iPad 3/whatever it's called was released) was jailbroken like a day or so after, but it was a tethered jailbreak. Unsure if there's an untethered one ATM, but I'm sure if there isn't it's imminent.
    Banned

The most recent iOS (at least the one from when the iPad 3/whatever it's called was released) was jailbroken like a day or so after, but it was a tethered jailbreak. Unsure if there's an untethered one ATM, but I'm sure if there isn't it's imminent.
    meh, don't care anymore. I knew there wasn't one for the 5.0 update in January. Seems like a royal pain in the ***.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Oh it is.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast