Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone is not being recognized in my Apple computer

Phone is rooted and on AOKP 31. A week ago, when I rooted my phone again, I flashed AOKP 30. When I went to plug in my phone, it started charging, but was not recognized in Terminal or Android File Transfer.
    What should I do?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    Carrier
    What do you think?

Default Re: Phone is not being recognized in my Apple computer

Try a different USB port, try a different USB cord, and if it still doesn't work, wipe everything and start anew.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

I've had the same problem.. I've herd of one member having luck by using his old DroidX cable. The most popular solution is to use a file transfer app.
    Android.com
    You need USB Debugging turned OFF for it to work... also the program is buggy and doesn't always work so well but its the only solution I've found for connecting a GNex to a MAC.

@dmmarck..... are you able to connect and transfer files between your Mac and phone?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    Carrier
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    I've had the same problem.. I've herd of one member having luck by using his old DroidX cable. The most popular solution is to use a file transfer app.
    Android.com
    You need USB Debugging turned OFF for it to work... also the program is buggy and doesn't always work so well but its the only solution I've found for connecting a GNex to a MAC.

@dmmarck..... are you able to connect and transfer files between your Mac and phone?
    Yup. Do it all the time, with either an old Blackberry microUSB, my HTC DINC microUSB, or the Samsung microUSB. Tricks I've learned over the past few months:

(1) Lock screen must be off or else it goes nuts, at least 80% of the time.

(2) Debugging, like you said, must be off. At worst nothing shows up, at best half your stuff shows up.

(3) Use the furthest USB port (ie the one closer to the monitor)

(4) When you need to restart it, always unplug and replug it in. Restarting the app rarely--if ever--lets you get past the little error message that comes up.

(5) Rewriting files will cause it to lock up (the program); same with trying to move bigger files, occasionally. Also, it's a massive pain to move files WITHIN the folders, so what I do is simply copy them to the Mac, delete from where they are, and then drop them into the correct folder.

In fact, when it's plugged during flashing I get relieved when the error box pops up on my Mac b/c that means I'm out of the woods .
    axne1 and Cyber Warrior like this.

Good info bro!

dmmarck likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    Carrier
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by axne1 View Post
    Good info bro!

No problem! Let me know if you guys have any other questions lol
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

One more so are you able to transfer files without using that app?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    Carrier
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    One more so are you able to transfer files without using that app?
    I have not found a way to do it without the app. Does that mean it's impossible? I'd hesitate to say that. But everything I've seen/read leads to that conclusion.

Of course, you could always email them/Dropbox them etc.

It really is unfortunate they necessitated this app. File transfers from my DINC were so easy. Why they need it is beyond me; maybe b/c of the "faux" SDcard? Who knows. I just know it's an abysmal app and is a source of constant frustration.
    Cyber Warrior and axne1 like this.