Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: WTH is Verizon up to?

Oh, and here's one of the reasons for the fee:

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...th-three-years

A full 47% of Verizon's customers (45 million or so) have high-subsidy smartphones. That's quite a hefty chunk of change for Verizon to lay out.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    Irrational? Don't know about that, sure some may. You probably see the crap that goes down in Verizon's stores. Let's just say everyone doesn't walk away a happy camper. I always do, and Verizon treats me well, they always have.

Nothing wrong with presented information, just do your own research and arm yourself with facts.
    Here are the facts:

Verizon has a new $30 fee for upgrades. There is no way to get out of the fee, so people should quit complaining and move on. If you feel that strongly about it, leave Verizon.
    bworley50 likes this.

Global Posts
    10,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Complain to Verizon, don't leave with your tail between your legs. Consumers have power, remember the $2.00 charge for CC payments? People power....that's what stopped that. I just think it is sad when consumers get complacent.

Complain to Verizon, don't leave with your tail between your legs. Consumers have power, remember the $2.00 charge for CC payments? People power....that's what stopped that. I just think it is sad when consumers get complacent.
    By all means if you feel that strongly about it, let Verizon know. But I wouldn't say it's necessarily about complacency. It's more so about benefit to cost ratio which varies per person. For me, in the bigger picture this fee isn't something that warrants getting all worked up about. I don't necessarily agree with or like the fee, but I can understand the reasons for it despite their lame attempt at justifying it. In the end, it's basically just upping the cost of a subsidized phone $30.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Except they're not getting rid of it. You can whine to them until you're blue in the face, but the upgrade fee isn't going anywhere.

Ehhh I think its a slap in the face but we all will pay it with unlimited data so im not gonna complain. Well unless you have a bunch of lines and threaten to take them all with you then they probably will work something out. Once they get rid of my unlimited data which I know they probably will soon. Then I'll probably go elsewhere. But I'm not giving up my plan for something like this fee..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,194 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Its fine, but quit complaining about it then.
    Can we still complain about the complainers?
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    Ehhh I think its a slap in the face but we all will pay it with unlimited data so im not gonna complain. Well unless you have a bunch of lines and threaten to take them all with you then they probably will work something out. Once they get rid of my unlimited data which I know they probably will soon. Then I'll probably go elsewhere. But I'm not giving up my plan for something like this fee..

I agree. This fee is small fries compared to that. The only reason I will stay with Verizon, even with the One X coming to AT&T, is the unlimited data. Once thats gone, or we start getting leaks about it ending, I will go elsewhere.

The only way to stand up to their bull fees is to cut them off completely and go prepaid. Consider straight talk (att) or page plus (Verizon)

HP Touchpad - CM9
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by chynkster View Post
    The only way to stand up to their bull fees is to cut them off completely and go prepaid. Consider straight talk (att) or page plus (Verizon)

HP Touchpad - CM9
    So you're willing to choose a garbage device over $30? That is not rational.
    bworley50 likes this.

Global Posts
    6,671 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    I agree. This fee is small fries compared to that. The only reason I will stay with Verizon, even with the One X coming to AT&T, is the unlimited data. Once thats gone, or we start getting leaks about it ending, I will go elsewhere.
    And those grandfathered in vzw's unlimited data will find its gunno end.
    Thats why I mentioned that earlier,thats gunno be the next thing to go I think.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2.0.2

Global Posts
    10,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Can we still complain about the complainers?
    Ha ha! Funny.

For the masses.

Fact is cost ratio is a constant....it is needed to run a profitable business. All these armchair economist trying to explain and Justify Verizon's move and why it benefits share holders without accounting for customer satisfaction are spilling only two thirds of the equation.

Fact is Jerry wrote a good article on the matter, but nothing says you have to accept the fee. You can vote with your wallet, go elsewhere, when you upgrade, let Verizon know that the fee isn't appreciated. I don't see what's wrong with people wanting an explanation, people not wanting said services, and I also see why people like the fees (kinda like buying a premium car, not much is said concerning price because the product is desired.)

It comes down to dollars and sense...do what makes sense, I will pay the fees because I like my service, and until the fees outweigh the services I get, I will pay. I don't have to be happy about it and sing marry poppin's, but none the less, being a consumer and having choice is nice.

As far as investment strategies....woah folks, invest with more care than lies hearin.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

And that is what's happening now. Just look at some of the comments in this thread: 'Oh well, it's just $30'....'Verizon is taking a huge loss, they need to do this'.... 'Stop whining'.... 'If you don't like it go somewhere else'....

When consumers get complacent, it gives big business free reign to charge more without doing anything. This isn't a small incremental fee, IT'S $30.00! Next will come mandatory data caps, than they will re-jigger the pricing structure to their benefit, then the subsidized price for the phone will magically increase again, then another post-post 9/11 fee.... WHEN DOES IT STOP???? Answer: Never. As long as we continue to take the casual, capitulating "bend over and take it" armchair stockholder approach.
    Last edited by kalexan9; 04-20-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Verizon could care less about how much people **** and moan as long as they keep their service.
    At this point I would guess that they feel the fee will not hurt them or they wouldn't do it.
    Like it or not they are a business and will make as much money off the consumer as possible.
    In my area Verizon offers the best service period, nobody else has coverage near as good. Many businesses want to charge more for less, Verizon is charging for the best. Problem is they know they have is over a barrel and take advantage of that fact.
    Do I like or agree with this new fee? NO, I don't, but what an I going to do? Cancel with Verizon and pay a 36 dollar upgrade fee to a company with inferior service. Sure sounds good let's cut off the nose to spite the face.
    Hopefully this fee will be reconsidered and never implemented, but if so I fear Verizon will just think of a new way to gouge us a little more, because they know they offer the best coverage available.
    Until another phone company steps up with coverage as good as Verizon's and causes some competition I fear we are in for alot more nickel and dime bs.

Last edited by metz65; 04-20-2012 at 09:41 AM.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Occupy Verizon?

Global Posts
    10,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by kalexan9 View Post
    And that is what's happening now. Just look at some of the comments in this thread: 'Oh well, it's just $30'....'Verizon is taking a huge loss, they need to do this'.... 'Stop whining'.... 'If you don't like it go somewhere else'....

When consumers get complacent, it gives big business free reign to charge more without doing anything. This isn't a small incremental fee, IT'S $30.00! Next will come mandatory data caps, than they will re-jigger the pricing structure to their benefit, then the subsidized price for the phone will magically increase again, then another post-post 9/11 fee.... WHEN DOES IT STOP???? Answer: Never. As long as we continue to take the casual, capitulating "bend over and take it" armchair stockholder approach.
    Exactly, the complacent people that say Verizon don't care, don't listen, just get used to it, should have to pay every fee known to mankind. FACT is Verizon cares about its customer base. They have bent over backwards to keep me satisfied on a few occasions and I saved hundreds of dollars using my voice and knowing Verizon values me as a consumer.

Sad day indeed when people bend over and take it, and even worse, from their chair tell others to do the same and just take It because it is a nessesity of the CORP and the customers voice doesn't matter. I mean this on a fundamental level, people that think clients don't have a voice, or that it doesn't matter, or that they need to become market analyst to compensate....are dead wrong.

I have worked for some awesome companies, and they are of the philosophy that the customer is always right. If I walk into a Verizon store and upgrade today and Verizon explains the value of the fee well enough for me to believe it is needed for my good service and that the fee is a nessesity, so be it. I think we all agree it is the principal here, not the subject matter. Nothing wrong with thoughtful inquiry.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metz65 View Post
    Verizon could care less about how much people **** and moan as long as they keep their service.
    At this point I would guess that they feel the fee will not hurt them or they wouldn't do it.
    Like it or not they are a business and will make as much money off the consumer as possible.
    In my area Verizon offers the best service period, nobody else has coverage near as good. Many businesses want to charge more for less, Verizon is charging for the best. Problem is they know they have is over a barrel and take advantage of that fact.
    Do I like or agree with this new fee? NO, I don't, but what an I going to do? Cancel with Verizon and pay a 36 dollar upgrade fee to a company with inferior service. Sure sounds good let's cut off the nose to spite the face.
    Hopefully this fee will be reconsidered and never implemented, but if so I fear Verizon will just think of a new way to gouge us a little more, because they know they offer the best coverage available.
    Until another phone company steps up with coverage as good as Verizon's and causes some competition I fear we are in for alot more nickel and dime bs.

I respect your position as opposed to the 'shut up and stop whining'...'take it up the @$$' crowd that defend Verizon and take an "elitest" tone to anyone who would voice any displeasure at the $30 fee. You are right - they do have the best coverage and there is no disputing that. But the time will come where they will kill the goose that lays the golden egg. I agree with a previous poster who said that grandfathered data is in the crosshairs, and when that happens Verizon will have un-differentiated itself from all the other carriers. And if LTE turns out to be what they are hoping, service will be equal all across the board with all carriers hopefully opening up competition for our business again.

Global Posts
    10,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

''shut up and stop whining'...'take it up the @$$' crowd that defend Verizon and take an "elitest" tone to anyone who would voice any displeasure at the $30 fee.
    Yes sir, they make the hair on the back of my neck crawl. PeEw...."pinches nose."

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Exactly, the complacent people that say Verizon don't care, don't listen, just get used to it, should have to pay every fee known to mankind. FACT is Verizon cares about its customer base. They have bent over backwards to keep me satisfied on a few occasions and I saved hundreds of dollars using my voice and knowing Verizon values me as a consumer.

Sad day indeed when people bend over and take it, and even worse, from their chair tell others to do the same and just take It because it is a nessesity of the CORP and the customers voice doesn't matter. I mean this on a fundamental level, people that think clients don't have a voice, or that it doesn't matter, or that they need to become market analyst to compensate....are dead wrong.

I have worked for some awesome companies, and they are of the philosophy that the customer is always right. If I walk into a Verizon store and upgrade today and Verizon explains the value of the fee well enough for me to believe it is needed for my good service and that the fee is a nessesity, so be it. I think we all agree it is the principal here, not the subject matter. Nothing wrong with thoughtful inquiry.
    When Bank of America tried instituting a $5 debit card fee just last year, it seemed like there would be rioting in the streets (probably even among some members here) and fears that every other bank would follow suit. Even members of Congress got involved. When that happened, BofA backed down. But when cell phone carriers want to tack on more, and more, and more - for the same service - many prefer to just remain silent. Verizon must have some pretty powerful lobbyists for this to barely make news.
    Last edited by kalexan9; 04-20-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

Um no... lol nice try though... The companies that I pay do not charge me to pay them... Well unless Im late of course but then that falls on me which I have no problem with.. Some try but I rather not give away money so I dont do business with them.. If im paying you for my car note and its on time im not giving you anything else but the amount of my car note.. Just my logic but people can continue to support those practices, thats why some companies keep doing it... You can always vote with your wallet...
    All companies embed transaction costs and payment methods into their pricing to pay the overhead. Just because you don't see it or pay it as a transaction on the spot, I promise it's in there.

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I am not employed by Verizon Wireless. And I don't like the new fee.

But I'm probably going to re-up with them when my contract is up. If I cared enough about the fee, I'd switch carriers.
    That's why they do it. I will pay it, or buy outright, or pay it, then complain and have it reversed.

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

You don't have to bend over and take it, people. Invest your money in VZ and let the benefits of being a shareholder pay the fee for you.

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

When Bank of America tried instituting a $5 debit card fee just last year, it seemed like there would be rioting in the streets (probably even among some members here) and fears that every other bank would follow suit. Even members of Congress got involved. When that happened, BofA backed down. But when cell phone carriers want to tack on more, and more, and more - for the same service - many prefer to just remain silent. Verizon must have some pretty powerful lobbyists for this to barely make news.
    BofA has just shifted that expected revenue to increased credit card interest rates.

Quote Originally Posted by metz65 View Post

I agree... All of them charge it or will sooner or later.. Truthfully I liked sprint but their data speed was horrible so I came to VZW... I got unlimited data as of right now and decent service despite the nexus radios sucking and them not addressing it but thats a story for another day lol.. Once they decide they want to screw with my unlimited then I will dip out to sprint if they have their LTE rolled out in alot of places... Im not going to pay a 30 dollar fee with limited data so ill vote with my wallet.. But right now it just doesnt make sense to jump to at&T with the same fee and less data or Sprint with Unlimited data but a **** poor 3g network and wimax that cant penetrate a wet paper bag...

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

I agree... All of them charge it or will sooner or later.. Truthfully I liked sprint but their data speed was horrible so I came to VZW... I got unlimited data as of right now and decent service despite the nexus radios sucking and them not addressing it but thats a story for another day lol.. Once they decide they want to screw with my unlimited then I will dip out to sprint if they have their LTE rolled out in alot of places... Im not going to pay a 30 dollar fee with limited data so ill vote with my wallet.. But right now it just doesnt make sense to jump to at&T with the same fee and less data or Sprint with Unlimited data but a **** poor 3g network and wimax that cant penetrate a wet paper bag...
    Root and upgrade your radio
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast