WTH is Verizon up to?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Funny you should say that because I have.. You should have known id have a customer service background based on the fact that I said im a quality assurance manager.. You know that little statement they say almost every time you call someone, you know that part that says "This call may be recorded for quality assurance" Yeah thats what I do lol Um and also I used to work with AT&T and as a csr you actually had alot of power to do something.. We used to be in a position to credit up to 100.00 if the reason was justified.. Also as someone mentioned their are managers that can do more if its for a legit reason.. For example someone has been with AT&T for 10 years and have 5 lines.. They threaten to leave if you didnt waive the old 18 dollar upgrade fee or whatever it was at that time for at least 3 lines... We could do that because the money we generate off of that customer for 2 years is more worth it then the stupid 54.00 we would make in that instance. So actually some customers do have an influence if they speak up.. Its not every case but sometimes it works in your favor to actually say something if you dont agree... As a CSR too you shouldnt have a negative outlook on actually helping people considering you submitted your resume to do that.. If you dont like it go work behind the scenes where you dont have to deal with people. It will make u happy and the customers.. Just because with me personally I hate people that dont know what they are talking about and dont care to find out, which we ding in calls all the time. Then there are the people that just have bad attitudes which piss off customers.. Tone and delivery can make a big difference even if you cant do anything about the fee..

For sure

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Unless I'm mistaken, personally, I don't see how much more smartphones can evolve. Quad-core will probably be overkill, "old" phones support new app development, and many people are content with 3G. Once 4G gets on solid ground, I bet more people will find that they can hold on to a phone for 2 years. And that will definately tame the market.:)

Man you would be amazed.. I thought the same thing but if you research some of these concept videos floating around its crazy... Look up flexible displays and see some of the things they are trying to do with them... I tried to find this one video for you but im at work.. It looks nice.. I can only imagine what some of these companies have in the pipelines..

Reactions: Johnly

kalexan9

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Man you would be amazed.. I thought the same thing but if you research some of these concept videos floating around its crazy... Look up flexible displays and see some of the things they are trying to do with them... I tried to find this one video for you but im at work.. It looks nice.. I can only imagine what some of these companies have in the pipelines..
I'm sure it's impressive, but I'll hold out for Star Wars-like "hologram" projections.:cool:

Reactions: Johnly

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Unless I'm mistaken, personally, I don't see how much more smartphones can evolve. Quad-core will probably be overkill, "old" phones support new app development, and many people are content with 3G. Once 4G gets on solid ground, I bet more people will find that they can hold on to a phone for 2 years. And that will definately tame the market.:)
Oh they can still "evolve" a lot. The question is: is that evolution going to make a significant difference to you? I mean I now have a 4G phone and live in a 3G town. I seems fine to me. But I was in a 4G town recently and WOW, the page downloads almost before my finger leaves the button. I was very happy with my HTC Incredible after 2 years, but my Nexus' bigger screen and the ICS is even better than that. So far I've noticed significant improvements in all 4 of my smartphones dating to 2006.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

Things like a flexible screen would interest me due to it being truly groundbreaking. I'm also sure other truly groundbreaking things are in the works.

As of now the jumps in evolution are rather minor. 1.2 duo or 1.5 who really cares. Even quad Core doesn't interest me that much, or I wouldn't have upgraded 3 weeks ago. Some of these minor bumps in specs are just to sell more phones to the crowd who has to have the latest greatest thing and feels they need to keep up with the Jones's to be happy.
It's seriously crazy that at this point the phone companies want you to think your phone is outdated after a few months, just to get you to buy something with one or two minor differences.

I look forward to this time next year and beyond when we may start seeing some truly groundbreaking advancements in mobile phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Things like a flexible screen would interest me due to it being truly groundbreaking. I'm also sure other truly groundbreaking things are in the works.

As of now the jumps in evolution are rather minor. 1.2 duo or 1.5 who really cares. Even quad Core doesn't interest me that much, or I wouldn't have upgraded 3 weeks ago. Some of these minor bumps in specs are just to sell more phones to the crowd who has to have the latest greatest thing and feels they need to keep up with the Jones's to be happy.
It's seriously crazy that at this point the phone companies want you to think your phone is outdated after a few months, just to get you to buy something with one or two minor differences.

I look forward to this time next year and beyond when we may start seeing some truly groundbreaking advancements in mobile phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yeah im with you on the little tiny changes they make.. Its more annoying than anything... Personally id give up some of these small changes for battery life.. Id love it if a bunch of phones with a razr maxx battery would come out... My poor nexus can barely make it to 2pm when I use it alot. And I dont want one of those ugly batteries that make my phone weigh 10 pounds.. I have the extended samsung battery but all it gave me was about an hour lol..

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I think we are going to a lot more coming from our smartphones, or whatever they morph into next. I personally think they will virtually replace the home pc, and laptop computer.

I'm not sure how things will evolve and develop, but I think we are going to see some rather innovative and exciting things in the coming years.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I think we are going to a lot more coming from our smartphones, or whatever they morph into next. I personally think they will virtually replace the home pc, and laptop computer.

I'm not sure how things will evolve and develop, but I think we are going to see some rather innovative and exciting things in the coming years.

People want to knock it, but I really truly believe Motorola was/is ahead of the times with their Webtop system. Once the hardware catches up, I can see myself using this type of system more.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Motorola lost big last year. I think at least a part of the problem is their insistence to release so many devices so close to each other. Add into the mix the lost of good will from the customers because of their saturation of the market with new devices and its a wonder they continue to handle their business in the fashion they did last year.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Motorola lost big last year. I think at least a part of the problem is their insistence to release so many devices so close to each other. Add into the mix the lost of good will from the customers because of their saturation of the market with new devices and its a wonder they continue to handle their business in the fashion they did last year.

They did that to rid themselves of inventory ahead of the Google purchase.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Very similar to HTC last year - and they too want to change that.

I'd argue that regular customers didn't mind the whole RAZR/RAZR Maxx situation.