"downloading do not turn off target"

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I re-booted my phone this morning and at start up I got a screen with an android on it with a message "downloading do not turn off target"... It did not last all that long so I wonder if it was some firmware or something. I was at OS 4.0.2 and still am.
Attached is as screenshot of my about phone screen.
Ever happen to you?

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You went in to ODIN Recovery mode.
No big deal. Idk what that means but it's all good

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it happened to me last night as well. Idk how my phone battery died and when I turned it on it went to that screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Huh,... Yep, I forgot to charge my phone last night and this morning I woke up to the phone making a dialing noise and off noise.
What is Odin?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Huh,... Yep, I forgot to charge my phone last night and this morning I woke up to the phone making a dialing noise and off noise.
What is Odin?

Odin is a fail safe recovery mode that you can restore to stock from.
It's built into (many) samsung android devices.

mpullan

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Freaked me out...thought some sort of virus or something! Paranoia...big destroyah

Rebooted, pulled battery out and then reset....all ok!

Chase Woods

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Was playing offroad nation on my Samsung galaxy tablet when it started lagging reallybad locked up so i tried doing a hard reset and that's when that same message came up its just sitting there nothing has happened should i leave it be What its been like 15 mins and its still saying the same thing downloading do not turn off target

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Actually Odin is a windows program used to flash .tar files to the phone. These tar files can be radios, recoverys, kernels or even roms. I still have odin from my Fascinate and charge days.
Since cwm/twrp and the fastboot system with the nexus devices work so well, we have little need for odin.

Capture3.png

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Was playing offroad nation on my Samsung galaxy tablet when it started lagging reallybad locked up so i tried doing a hard reset and that's when that same message came up its just sitting there nothing has happened should i leave it be What its been like 15 mins and its still saying the same thing downloading do not turn off target

Just hit the power button. Won't harm anything since you are not actually flashing anything. Or batt pull.

dcoope

May 8, 2013
Visit site
The screen for "downloading...do not turn off target" has appeared on my tablet. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab. It's one of the first tablets with 7 inch screen. I have researched and tried the volume up/down method but it hasn't worked. The tablet will turn on and show the Samsung start off screen but then either power off or the screen goes black. Any advice? I have insurance but I would be required to pay $150 for a refurbished one which I don't want to do. I've seen some sites say to pull the battery out which could work but I would have to take it apart...

Kawsur123

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I re-booted my phone this morning and at start up I got a screen with an android on it with a message "downloading do not turn off target"... It did not last all that long so I wonder if it was some firmware or something. I was at OS 4.0.2 and still am.
Attached is as screenshot of my about phone screen.
Ever happen to you?

Eugeniagen

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site

I know this is like yeaarrsssss already. BUT we're u able to fix your tablet?
The same thing happening to my Note 10.1 N8000. It's an old tablet, I know. However, I never change into new ones. Now it's happening to me. ODIN MODE. Downloading do not turn off target.

Is there anyone having this problem and successfully fix it??
I couldn't open the tablet to pull out the battery. And no, there's no home button on my tablet too. All I did was pressing the power button and volume. Nothing happened. It keeps like this.

Anyone can help??? Appreciate any answers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois