price drop imminent?

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
With the announcement of the Sprint Nexus at $199.99, and the GS3 being announced May 3rd, what are the chances the Nexus will see a price drop at Verizon?

Not indirect or premium retailers, but VZW.com or in store?

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well it's certainly possible, especially if Verizon wants to remain competitive after losing their "exclusivity" (this and the iPhone are the only devices Sprint/Verizon will now "share", no?). But I expect a bigger drop off whenever Samsung's next big device hits Verizon...whatever and whenever that will be, the GS3 notwithstanding.

taappel

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
With the announcement of the Sprint Nexus at $199.99, and the GS3 being announced May 3rd, what are the chances the Nexus will see a price drop at Verizon?

Not indirect or premium retailers, but VZW.com or in store?

I would think so. If you're debating whether or not to buy the verizon GNex, I would wait 2-3 weeks. I bet it will drop to at least $199.

shinerburke

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
You can pretty well bet on it. I ordered one this morning so that means a price drop should happen this afternoon.

At least that's the way it normally goes for me.....

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i sure hope a drop happens...i have a 4S and need it gone...i have 3 upgrades total, so i want a nexus for now until the Galaxy SIII comes out

199 would be the sweet spot for me to jump back into this