Cache Wipe - necessary?

dannyro77

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I was reading the guide to the Galaxy Nexus about flashing and rooting and I saw his point about wiping your cache and a dalvik cache wipe. If you have a stock Gnex (unrooted, and I have not unlocked the bootloader) is it still good practice to wipe your cache and/or dalvik cache wipe? If so what apps do you guys use to do so?

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say it is necessary at all.....but it also wouldn't hurt to do it once in a while.

as for the apps, not really sure...i am always rooted so i just do it in recovery.

i remember something from a LONG time ago (2+ years) called "quick app clean cache" or something like that. seemed to work pretty good on my OG droid.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If you are unrooted and locked I would say that wiping cache isn't something you need to be worried about. Mainly you do it when flashing a new ROM to avoid any issues during the installation process. As far as apps go I usually used clockworkmod but that requires root.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I do it b/c - (1) it eliminates things to blame, particularly if you're flashing frequently, and (2) it takes 10 seconds + a minute or two to upgrade the applications.

Think of it as cleaning out the fridge. Sure, you don't necessarily need to do it...but it sure is awesome seeing that empty fridge with nothing but Yuengling and ham!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae