Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: Galaxy nexus 4.0.5 update

Quote Originally Posted by bdurbin1 View Post
    when r we going to get this update it said early April
    It's changed to early May month

ROM
    Stock/ Rooted

eh no real official announcement could be may could be June. We will see. But I am enjoying my 4.0.4 while we wait.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

I hear that ICS 4.0.6 is right around the corner. Just kidding!! Or am I?

Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts

Maybe we'll see Jelly Bean update before 4.0.5.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Personally, I'm waiting for ICS 4.0.9. I hear that's coming out soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

4.1 has the accurate **** dial feature where if you **** dial it automatically calls the person you really wanted to speak to.

4.1.1 will fix the **** dial radio but will only be available for T-Mobile phones.

Quote Originally Posted by SeigaGen View Post
    Here's the beauty of Google.... When they released the accidental 4.04 update to the CDMA Nexus, Google left the OTA on their server. Which means, you would still be on the upgrade path for 4.05. For those that want the direct link on Google's Dev site for the CDMA 4.04 Galaxy Nexus Update, click here:

Google OTA Update from 4.02 to 4.04

Again, it should keep you on the upgrade path. Just follow the unlock/root method and rename the zip file to update.zip.
    I don't want to derail this conversation, but I have a quick question on the OTA. I've only applied custom roms to my phones, and just acquired the Galaxy Nexus can you direct me to a link that specifically outlines how to apply the OTA update?

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by km96svt View Post
    I don't want to derail this conversation, but I have a quick question on the OTA. I've only applied custom roms to my phones, and just acquired the Galaxy Nexus can you direct me to a link that specifically outlines how to apply the OTA update?
    Try this thread instead:
    OTA Update IMM30B 4.04

also:
    [ROM]IMM30B 4.0.4 Stock,rooted,deodexed,zipaligned,busybox,insecure boot + mods zips - xda-developers

also can try these for a more automated method:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1400871
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ed-1-22-a.html
    davey11 and dmmarck like this.

Thanks I appreciate the help. Just got a new replacement from Verizon, doesn't seem to be any different from my original one. Still has issues with losing network connection when in LTE/CDMA mode. "CDMA only" works without issue. Want to try the 4.04 update.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by km96svt View Post
    Thanks I appreciate the help. Just got a new replacement from Verizon, doesn't seem to be any different from my original one. Still has issues with losing network connection when in LTE/CDMA mode. "CDMA only" works without issue. Want to try the 4.04 update.
    Perhaps it's the 4G tower?

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

So I just purchased a GNex from Amazon, received it about two days ago. To my dismay, the phone has the apparently common issue of effectively losing all signal and data when on the 4G radio, even in a perfect 4G signal area. I have seen many people report that this is a hardware malfunction, and that the ideal solution is to swap phones until you hit the sweet spot. I couldn't help but notice, however, that back in March, when we received information about the supposedly incoming 4.0.5 update, that the update was to fix a "data falling asleep" issue. Do you think they were referring to this? Or is a software fix indeed impossible. Currently, I'm using the phone on the CDMA only radio. Everything about it is perfect. I get no mic cuts, the screen is good, and it has never shut down. But do you guys think I should just wait for this inevitable, mythical update, or should I just call Amazon and initiate the Nexus Roulette? Thanks!
    Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)

So I called Verizon today just for fun. Currently I'm running the leaked 4.0.4 OTA, but really looking for the final build to match the other Nexus devices. First representative didn't know what in was talking about, and offered to help me check for software updates on my phone and make sure that I had the most current version. After explaining further that I did have the latest, she transferred me to "level 2" support. Someone named David came on the line, and explained that I should be running Ice Cream Sand which, not 4.0.4. I let him know that they are the same, just different versions. He then told me that Samsung must still be testing it because he didn't know anything about it. Tried to explain the Nexus line and update process to him, asked about the CDMA Sprint version running 4.0.4, and he stuck with the Samsung story. At the least I got a laugh out of it, but no real information.

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP b38

Wow that's scary ignorant!

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    874 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

So maybe by thanksgiving then. Labor day if we are lucky.

Global Posts
    7,590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by vinsnob View Post
    So I called Verizon today just for fun. Currently I'm running the leaked 4.0.4 OTA, but really looking for the final build to match the other Nexus devices. First representative didn't know what in was talking about, and offered to help me check for software updates on my phone and make sure that I had the most current version. After explaining further that I did have the latest, she transferred me to "level 2" support. Someone named David came on the line, and explained that I should be running Ice Cream Sand which, not 4.0.4. I let him know that they are the same, just different versions. He then told me that Samsung must still be testing it because he didn't know anything about it. Tried to explain the Nexus line and update process to him, asked about the CDMA Sprint version running 4.0.4, and he stuck with the Samsung story. At the least I got a laugh out of it, but no real information.
    It doesnt surprize me the tech didnt know tho lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2.0.2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12