Galaxy nexus 4.0.5 update

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Do you really have to unlock/root to apply this update?

Here's the beauty of Google.... When they released the accidental 4.04 update to the CDMA Nexus, Google left the OTA on their server. Which means, you would still be on the upgrade path for 4.05. For those that want the direct link on Google's Dev site for the CDMA 4.04 Galaxy Nexus Update, click here:

Google OTA Update from 4.02 to 4.04

Again, it should keep you on the upgrade path. Just follow the unlock/root method and rename the zip file to update.zip.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Jackamus

Undertoad

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
4.1 has the accurate butt dial feature where if you butt dial it automatically calls the person you really wanted to speak to.

4.1.1 will fix the butt dial radio but will only be available for T-Mobile phones.

km96svt

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Here's the beauty of Google.... When they released the accidental 4.04 update to the CDMA Nexus, Google left the OTA on their server. Which means, you would still be on the upgrade path for 4.05. For those that want the direct link on Google's Dev site for the CDMA 4.04 Galaxy Nexus Update, click here:

Google OTA Update from 4.02 to 4.04

Again, it should keep you on the upgrade path. Just follow the unlock/root method and rename the zip file to update.zip.
I don't want to derail this conversation, but I have a quick question on the OTA. I've only applied custom roms to my phones, and just acquired the Galaxy Nexus can you direct me to a link that specifically outlines how to apply the OTA update?

nuchdog

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to derail this conversation, but I have a quick question on the OTA. I've only applied custom roms to my phones, and just acquired the Galaxy Nexus can you direct me to a link that specifically outlines how to apply the OTA update?

Try this thread instead:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...-hacks/153931-ota-update-imm30b-4-04-a-7.html

also:
[ROM]IMM30B 4.0.4 Stock,rooted,deodexed,zipaligned,busybox,insecure boot + mods zips - xda-developers

also can try these for a more automated method:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1400871
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...y-nexus-root-toolkit-v1-3-updated-1-22-a.html

km96svt

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks I appreciate the help. Just got a new replacement from Verizon, doesn't seem to be any different from my original one. Still has issues with losing network connection when in LTE/CDMA mode. "CDMA only" works without issue. Want to try the 4.04 update.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I appreciate the help. Just got a new replacement from Verizon, doesn't seem to be any different from my original one. Still has issues with losing network connection when in LTE/CDMA mode. "CDMA only" works without issue. Want to try the 4.04 update.

Perhaps it's the 4G tower?

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
So I just purchased a GNex from Amazon, received it about two days ago. To my dismay, the phone has the apparently common issue of effectively losing all signal and data when on the 4G radio, even in a perfect 4G signal area. I have seen many people report that this is a hardware malfunction, and that the ideal solution is to swap phones until you hit the sweet spot. I couldn't help but notice, however, that back in March, when we received information about the supposedly incoming 4.0.5 update, that the update was to fix a "data falling asleep" issue. Do you think they were referring to this? Or is a software fix indeed impossible. Currently, I'm using the phone on the CDMA only radio. Everything about it is perfect. I get no mic cuts, the screen is good, and it has never shut down. But do you guys think I should just wait for this inevitable, mythical update, or should I just call Amazon and initiate the Nexus Roulette? Thanks!

anon(240118)

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
So I called Verizon today just for fun. Currently I'm running the leaked 4.0.4 OTA, but really looking for the final build to match the other Nexus devices. First representative didn't know what in was talking about, and offered to help me check for software updates on my phone and make sure that I had the most current version. After explaining further that I did have the latest, she transferred me to "level 2" support. Someone named David came on the line, and explained that I should be running Ice Cream Sand which, not 4.0.4. I let him know that they are the same, just different versions. He then told me that Samsung must still be testing it because he didn't know anything about it. Tried to explain the Nexus line and update process to him, asked about the CDMA Sprint version running 4.0.4, and he stuck with the Samsung story. At the least I got a laugh out of it, but no real information.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So I called Verizon today just for fun. Currently I'm running the leaked 4.0.4 OTA, but really looking for the final build to match the other Nexus devices. First representative didn't know what in was talking about, and offered to help me check for software updates on my phone and make sure that I had the most current version. After explaining further that I did have the latest, she transferred me to "level 2" support. Someone named David came on the line, and explained that I should be running Ice Cream Sand which, not 4.0.4. I let him know that they are the same, just different versions. He then told me that Samsung must still be testing it because he didn't know anything about it. Tried to explain the Nexus line and update process to him, asked about the CDMA Sprint version running 4.0.4, and he stuck with the Samsung story. At the least I got a laugh out of it, but no real information.

It doesnt surprize me the tech didnt know tho lol ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2.0.2