Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Has there been a proven fix for signal?

Hello all I have been away for a while so I just wanted to know if there has been a method for improving the sign yet. I saw some rooting and going to 4.0.4 radios but I haven't seen to many success stories. I love the phone but I drop calls on 4g. If I ask for an exchange has that helped getting a new phone with a better signal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Default Re: Has there been a proven fix for signal?

Yes, there is a fix...

Fix for Galaxy Nexus signal = Purchase a Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX.

Solved all my issues.

ROM
    Kang/CM10

There is a Fix unlike what the above poster stated. You can Unlock the bootloader and download the 4.04 OTA from Google and update your phone. It solved all my issues with battery life and signal. Call quality is much better too.
    phoboscmc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
    Yes, there is a fix...

Solved all my issues.
    This is why I'm really starting to hate forums and comment threads. Guy asked a simple question and just wants some answers about the GN. That being said 4.0.4 seems to being the trick.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Shafe75 View Post
    This is why I'm really starting to hate forums and comment threads. Guy asked a simple question and just wants some answers about the GN. That being said 4.0.4 seems to being the trick.
    You always have those forum smart asses lol

ROM
    AOKP / Bugless Beast

I upgraded Open Kang's Milestone version to their most recent 4.04 version and saw a SIGNIFICANT improvement in my data signal.

When I fist got this phone I could barely view a webpage from my desk at work or refresh Twitter. Audio/video was out of the question. After I upgraded to 4.04 I can stream Netflix and listen to Pandora again.

Night and day improvement for me.
    @Arevill

Yeah I'll think I'll be rooting and flashing tonight. My signal sucks big fat donkey balls lol and I'm getting tired of Verizon dragging their feet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Kang/CM10

Yeah, you won't regret the move. Battery Life has a vast improvement and the Signal is so much more stable!!!!
    It's been real...

Yes, there is a fix...

Solved all my issues.

*customized tapatalk signature*
    Thanked by:

ROM
    AOKP / Bugless Beast

Quote Originally Posted by SeigaGen View Post
    Yeah, you won't regret the move. Battery Life has a vast improvement and the Signal is so much more stable!!!!
    It's really night and day.

Every complaint I had about this phone is addressed by a custom ROM.
    @Arevill

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Yes, there is a fix...

Solved all my issues.
    That's great.

So, you hate forums because I stated what fixed my issues with the GN? I don't know how what I posted is any worse than you telling him to load unapproved software that will void his warranty or could brick his phone making it useless???

At least my way he can sell his Galaxy Nexus and recover some of the cost, your way he runs the risk of having a non working phone that Verizon won't warranty. I've seen many complaints that 4.0.4 has not fixed the signal issues for those that want to take the shortcomings of this phone into their own hands.

Yeah, I see how your way is better...
    Last edited by LBTRS; 04-22-2012 at 03:49 PM.

I had 4.0.4 rooted on all 4 of my GNs, no difference in signal strength. The only thing it helped with was faster switching from 3g to 4g.

So, you hate forums because I stated what fixed my issues with the GN? I don't know how what I posted is any worse than you telling him to load unapproved software that will void his warranty or could brick his phone making it useless???

At least my way he can sell his Galaxy Nexus and recover some of the cost, your way he runs the risk of having a non working phone that Verizon won't warranty. I've seen many complaints that 4.0.4 has not fixed the signal issues for those that want to take the shortcomings of this phone into their own hands.

Actually it didn't fix anything. Getting a completely different phone doesn't fix anything with the nexus lol

ROM
    Arctic HD

There's always a way to recover your phone if you mess it up, even more so if you back up regularly. Flashing is a harmless process

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

actually this isn't that bad of a troll. Go to a college football forum when the team is having a losing season. There it's some classic trolls there.
    But I do agree with you it gets old.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Kang/CM10

Signaling issues was related to the GSM models, not the CDMA from what I understand. And even then, if you have the GSM model, there is a fix that was pushed less than 24 hours ago. I have seen a vast improvement in the SoCal area. No call drops thus far. And incoming calls are not going straight to VM. So yea, I'd say that is a huge improvement.

Also, in regards to voiding warranty, yeah, there is that issue. But the Galaxy Nexus is MEANT to be unlocked and played with!!! It's the pure google experience as they have indicated! It is also why you don't see TouchWiz on the Galaxy Nexus as you see on the S2 or any other samsung with ICS.
    It's been real...

The only reason I see it as trolling, is because this is the GN forum... not the Razr forum. I admit, my response was immature.

That being said, I wouldn't go into the Razr forum and say:
    I fixed my locked boot loader, lower resolution screen, ergonomically unfriendly form factor, presence of "non blur", and lack of ICS by getting a Galaxy Nexus.

It's bad forum etiquette. My apologies for the troll pic, that was poor etiquette as well.

Carry on.

*customized tapatalk signature*

ROM
    AOKP / Bugless Beast

The Razr Maxx post was definitely pure trolling, and why tech forums are such a hassle to read.
    @Arevill

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

You haven't ever rooted one of your devices have you.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    You haven't ever rooted one of your devices have you.
    No, it is a cell phone, not a hobby. I have no desire for such nonsense. I paid $700, I expect it to work without having to jump through hoops.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Defconrock View Post
    The Razr Maxx post was definitely pure trolling, and why tech forums are such a hassle to read.
    It would be a troll if I didn't own a Galaxy Nexus. I own the phone and am unhappy with it so have the right to state my displeasure.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

With regards to the OP, no, not really. Some have success with the new 4.0.4/leaked radios, some don't. Most of those with the radios experience some better signal, but almost all experience better switching.

It's probably a mixture of hardware and software (antenna + CDMA/LTE).

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

No, it is a cell phone, not a hobby.
    That's fine. But, guess what, everyone purchases and uses their phones for varying reasons and for personal reasons. For you to judge people as you seem to be here is pathetic at best.
    I have no desire for such nonsense. I paid $700, I expect it to work without having to jump through hoops.
    Well that's great. I have some unfortunate news for you, it appears (based off every single poll created in this forum) the vast majority of Galaxy Nexus users are happy with their Galaxy Nexus. I am one of them and I haven't rooted this phone.

I think you have made your point clear though. You aren't here to contribute, you are here to criticize and mock. Thanks for showing your true colors... as horrible and pathetic as they are. But, hey, reality bites.

ROM
    AOKP M5/LeanMinimalistic

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    With regards to the OP, no, not really. Some have success with the new 4.0.4/leaked radios, some don't. Most of those with the radios experience some better signal, but almost all experience better switching.

It's probably a mixture of hardware and software (antenna + CDMA/LTE).
    alright so im gonna go out and buy the nexus here soon, and i know more people will issue the fact that they have a signal problem than those who don't have a problem at all.

My only concern is that I'm gonna be one of those people that will have the signal problem and what's a phone without any signal? On almost any other phone if i were to hear about these signal problems i would not even think about buying it. But the GN just really grabs my attention and the dev support seems to be crazy awesome. Something about rooting intrigues me more than jailbreaking

I guess i will just wait and see if i have the problem when i buy it, and if i do. I'm trying the leaked 4.0.4 radio. and if thats a no go.. well looks like i will be having a problem but in your opinion is there a greater chance to receive a phone with no signal issues?
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast