I think I'm gonna trade in my Rezound for a Nexus tomorrow.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I have been thinking about it for weeks, and the price decrease is the kicker. I'm excited to be gaining the pure Google experience, fast updates, and a large, gorgeous screen.

My only reservations are on the radio.. The Rezound has been top notch when it comes to reception. Also, when Verizon drops the price of a phone, it usually means they are acquiring something new. But I've been riding the Gingerbread train long enough, and ICS is too tempting. I hope I'm making the right decision. I wanted to hold out for the SGS3 (should Verizon get it), but again, the Fascinate is a great example of Samsung dragging their feet when it comes to speedy upgrades.

Please feel free to chime in if you think I'm making the right or wrong call. Your opinions in the past have been invaluable, and even though my heart is set on buying a Nexus, all it takes is one thought provoking comment to make me reconsider.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If you're into roms and messing with your phone, the nexus is for you.

If you just want pure ICS aosp it is probably also for you.

Other considerations may lead you elsewhere, but personally i love the form, the screen, the weight, ics, roms and dev community like nothing else, etc.

It's the best phone I've ever had. It would be hard to top. A SGS3 would be tempting in a couple of months if it does in fact make it to verizon, but that's in (minimum) a couple of months, if ever, and it will have touchwiz or some variation of it.

I do like htc phones however- i'm sure the rezound is a nice phone, but if you have the means and the will, the nexus is a great device.

Sock-Monkey Pete

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I love my phone and I would not trade it, regardless of how tempting my fiance's Maxx can be...

If your mind is set then I believe you will love it. Be prepared for some ICS weirdness when starting. I remember people at Verizon during launch day freaking out because it was nothing like their incredible/ thunderbolt/*insert htc phone here*.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If you're into roms and messing with your phone, the nexus is for you.

If you just want pure ICS aosp it is probably also for you.

Other considerations may lead you elsewhere, but personally i love the form, the screen, the weight, ics, roms and dev community like nothing else, etc.

It's the best phone I've ever had. It would be hard to top. A SGS3 would be tempting in a couple of months if it does in fact make it to verizon, but that's in (minimum) a couple of months, if ever, and it will have touchwiz or some variation of it.

I do like htc phones however- i'm sure the rezound is a nice phone, but if you have the means and the will, the nexus is a great device.

Not into ROMS and rooting, otherwise I'd root my Rezound and be using ICS. I'm not savvy when it cones to rooting, and with ny luck, I'd brick my phone. That's another reason I'm headed for the Nexus; all the goodies are there out of the box.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I started with the RAZR. Took it back the day the Nexus came out and have never looked back. ICS is awesome. The Nexus is by far the best phone I've ever had or played with. Very much worth $199. I don't even feel bad about paying $100 more than they are charging now.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been thinking about it for weeks, and the price decrease is the kicker. I'm excited to be gaining the pure Google experience, fast updates, and a large, gorgeous screen.

My only reservations are on the radio.. The Rezound has been top notch when it comes to reception. Also, when Verizon drops the price of a phone, it usually means they are acquiring something new. But I've been riding the Gingerbread train long enough, and ICS is too tempting. I hope I'm making the right decision. I wanted to hold out for the SGS3 (should Verizon get it), but again, the Fascinate is a great example of Samsung dragging their feet when it comes to speedy upgrades.

Please feel free to chime in if you think I'm making the right or wrong call. Your opinions in the past have been invaluable, and even though my heart is set on buying a Nexus, all it takes is one thought provoking comment to make me reconsider.

Careful with the idea of "fast" updates. That doesn't necessarily mean more frequent updates.

SultanJazz

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus on Verizon haven't seen an update since December. Still stuck on 4.02.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MDsmartphone

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I stayed away from the galaxy nexus because the store rep said there were alot of returns mainly because of issues with the radios including 4g issues and wifi as well as battery life. Apparently there are some quality issues with the hardware and many people are exchanging them for the Max x.

Just my two cents

Besides the rezound and Maxx should be getting ics sometime this year

Last edited:

grea3682

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I would highly recommend reconsidering. I just bought a Rezound when Verizon had them for $50. I decided to put the Nexus on the shelf for a while hoping the next update fixes some issues. I?m not into rooting and all that myself, so it?s not a big kicker for me. My Nexus just missed too many calls for me. I like many of the features of the Nexus so I am looking forward to going back to it, but right now the issues are just to frustrating to use as a daily phone.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Really? I thought it was running 4.04. Huh. Second thoughts are polluting my head...

Those who are running 4.0.4 (myself included) have unlocked their phone and flashed it themselves. An OTA has not come for 4.0.4 yet.

As much as I Love this phone, call drops, loss of data signal, reboots, and mediocre battery life are all problems that are possible with this phone. 4.0.2 is not a good android build, 4.0.4 is MUCH better, but until that is release on an OTA, or unless you feel like unlocking the phone and flashing it, you would probably be best on waiting unless you are feeling brave and want to dive in head first.

If you are keeping your rezound, however, I would urge you to try the nexus. At the very least you would have the rezound as backup in the event you found yourself with some of the above issues. The GNex has some bugs in its current build, but when it gets its update it will be worth the switch. IF not, the GS3 is on on its way, that will be worth waiting for too.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
as much as i hate to say this (because the phone has been fantastic for me) i would hold off.
if you are not into rooting and ROMing i wouldn't get the nexus just yet.

it NEEDS this 4.0.4 update for me to recommend it to people. 4.0.2 has its issues and everyone knows about them (mic cutout, dropped calls, screaching sounds during calls, data drops, poor signal, poor battery life ect.)

however, if you take about an hour out of your day to download Wugs root toolkit, you will be unlocked and rooted in no time. and it is near IMPOSSIBLE to brick a nexus. once you are rooted, flashing a new radio and a 4.0.4 ROM will take you 20 minutes and you shouldn't have any problems at all.

sorry, that is just my opinion.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I sincerely thank all of you who contributed to this thread. I didn't realize 4.02 had so many bugs. I'm not into rooting, so your advice to wait seems more than logical. Perhaps I will hang on to my Rezound until the bugs are worked out.

Thank you all again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv