Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: Best Buy no longer taking Google Wallet?

Went back to BB and tried to use Google Wallet once more, and I got the following explanation from the cashier... "We shut down Pay Pass because not enough customers used it and it was costing the company too much money."
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by entendu View Post
    Went back to BB and tried to use Google Wallet once more, and I got the following explanation from the cashier... "We shut down Pay Pass because not enough customers used it and it was costing the company too much money."
    Its crazy expensive. The annual licensing fee for my company, with 450 stores, is over a million bucks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FYI Best buy is not in trouble. They have over 4 billion cash in the bank. You don't go bankrupt when you have that much in the bank. Their recent loses have been due to their expansion in Europe. Even then, they weren't really loses. It's complicated, but trust me when I tell you then Best Buy is doing just fine.
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

I just had a meeting today at work(BB) we are fine. There's a crap ton of new job openings and stores being opened. It's just that all you hear is employees laid off and closed stores. We are fine.
    Follow me on Twitter: @SpaceHippieSays

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

Quote Originally Posted by jdverley View Post
    FYI Best buy is not in trouble. They have over 4 billion cash in the bank. You don't go bankrupt when you have that much in the bank. Their recent loses have been due to their expansion in Europe. Even then, they weren't really loses. It's complicated, but trust me when I tell you then Best Buy is doing just fine.
    These statements are false.

I work at BB Mobile in upstate NY and yes the company is doing just fine. Don't always believe what the media tells you. As far as the NFC goes, I don't think they ever worked at our store. I will probably try to buy something myself with google wallet to test it out.

Best Buy not on the current working merchants. Nor is McDonald's. Burger King is though.

Google Wallet - where it works

Quote Originally Posted by sURFNmADNESS View Post
    Best Buy not on the current working merchants. Nor is McDonald's. Burger King is though.

Google Wallet - where it works
    The list is irrelevant. If they accept PayPass, wallet will work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    7,076 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by mdellinger View Post
    Why is it that these companies think dollars routed through another merchant's bank are different than theirs? Yes, they don't have to pay a fee if it's their own and they're probably making some of the rake, but you're seriously refusing sales? If want to make 30% of $1,000,000 but then you'd rather make 100% of $0.00 than 15% of $1,000,000... you're a ing moron.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12