Best Buy no longer taking Google Wallet?

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
this doesn't have anything to do with google wallet. my chase visa has nfc built in as well and of the 4 or so best buys i go to regularly, the nfc has not worked once ever in those stores. works everywhere else, just like google wallet

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
They may have neglected to renew their license for the contactless payment software, so it isn't working. From experience, the software is incredibly expensive, so they may have just decided to stop offering it. Or they could be in the middle of POS upgrades and nfc is a temporary casualty.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey Hey! lol we're not that bad. IF you seen the training they put us through, i think at least consumers would appreciate us as people.

Dude, you work at BB? Whoa...no offense, but here in the NYC area, with the exception of the one off Northern Blvd. and Union Square, they provide a truly unpleasant shopping experience. The employees in the Mobile Dept. at the BB at the Atlantic Mall act like gangsta's.

Not hating, just saying...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

entendu

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Went back to BB and tried to use Google Wallet once more, and I got the following explanation from the cashier... "We shut down Pay Pass because not enough customers used it and it was costing the company too much money."

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Went back to BB and tried to use Google Wallet once more, and I got the following explanation from the cashier... "We shut down Pay Pass because not enough customers used it and it was costing the company too much money."

Its crazy expensive. The annual licensing fee for my company, with 450 stores, is over a million bucks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jdverley

May 12, 2011
Visit site
FYI Best buy is not in trouble. They have over 4 billion cash in the bank. You don't go bankrupt when you have that much in the bank. Their recent loses have been due to their expansion in Europe. Even then, they weren't really loses. It's complicated, but trust me when I tell you then Best Buy is doing just fine.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I just had a meeting today at work(BB) we are fine. There's a crap ton of new job openings and stores being opened. It's just that all you hear is employees laid off and closed stores. We are fine.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
FYI Best buy is not in trouble. They have over 4 billion cash in the bank. You don't go bankrupt when you have that much in the bank. Their recent loses have been due to their expansion in Europe. Even then, they weren't really loses. It's complicated, but trust me when I tell you then Best Buy is doing just fine.

These statements are false.

Brickz187

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I work at BB Mobile in upstate NY and yes the company is doing just fine. Don't always believe what the media tells you. As far as the NFC goes, I don't think they ever worked at our store. I will probably try to buy something myself with google wallet to test it out.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Why is it that these companies think dollars routed through another merchant's bank are different than theirs? Yes, they don't have to pay a fee if it's their own and they're probably making some of the rake, but you're seriously refusing sales? If want to make 30% of $1,000,000 but then you'd rather make 100% of $0.00 than 15% of $1,000,000... you're a ing moron.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15