Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

That sounds about right!

sent from a Android device
    I'm always on!

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    ROM
    changes all the time

Default Re: How many batteries charges do you use a day?

I charge over night, and it spends 90% of the weekdays at work on a charger. i am a heavy user, from 4-midnight, i usually get it down to %35

on the weekends i usually use my apps less, so i can get through an entire day without a charge...but i usually do it anyway if i am not doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGator66 View Post
    TabGuy - care to share your secret? Or, what you are/are not running? I've tried using Juice Defender and it make a difference. But it's annoying when switching on/off Wi-Fi to 3g.

Would love any tips buy the "all day'ers" in this thread. Thanks!
    In the almost 3 years of using Android phones I've learned a lot. It's not really a secret but here's what I do:

• Use an extended battery
    • Only turn on 4G when I'm consuming lots of data. 3G works fine even for Netflix
    • Screen brighness set to 33% when indoors
    • I do use Juice Defender
    • I'm very conservative with downloading apps. Many have hidden juice eating qualities. Only one app per day and if my battery is worse off I delete the app at the end of the day.
    • If I do get to a point where apps are eating my battery I don't hesitate, I wipe the phone and start over. I haven't had to do that with the Nexus yet.
    • I use wifi when at work or at home.
    • I do leave GPS and wifi on all the time.
    • My phone is stock. Not rooted.
    • I only charge at night and almost never charge during the day unless a long wifi hotspot session has happened.
    Droid (2009 original stock) --> Incredible --> Thunderbolt (Rooted/ROMed) --> Galaxy Nexus (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 2 (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 3 (Stock)

Quote Originally Posted by rbess1965 View Post
    You should probably disclose your usage and whether you are rooted or not. Makes a difference.
    Maybe my tag line is too subtle?
    Droid (2009 original stock) --> Incredible --> Thunderbolt (Rooted/ROMed) --> Galaxy Nexus (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 2 (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 3 (Stock)
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,019 Global Posts

I charge mine over night, and fill it up before I leave work. On the weekends, I will charge it up in the late afternoon before I head out for the evening.

I've never ran out of battery while doing this.
    BB Convert

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by TabGuy View Post
    In the almost 3 years of using Android phones I've learned a lot. It's not really a secret but here's what I do:

• Use an extended battery
    • Only turn on 4G when I'm consuming lots of data. 3G works fine even for Netflix
    • Screen brighness set to 33% when indoors
    • I do use Juice Defender
    • I'm very conservative with downloading apps. Many have hidden juice eating qualities. Only one app per day and if my battery is worse off I delete the app at the end of the day.
    • If I do get to a point where apps are eating my battery I don't hesitate, I wipe the phone and start over. I haven't had to do that with the Nexus yet.
    • I use wifi when at work or at home.
    • I do leave GPS and wifi on all the time.
    • My phone is stock. Not rooted.
    • I only charge at night and almost never charge during the day unless a long wifi hotspot session has happened.
    It doesn't sound like you are really "using" the phone. But i think the key here is the extended battery. Good for you. I wish I had those results.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

My question is this, if you have a removable battery and can't get a full day out of it, why not buy an extra battery and a charger?

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by axne1 View Post
    Sounds like a rouge app or apps???
    Try watchdog from the play store.
    It should help decipher which app is causing the problem.

sent from a Android device
    I'm always on!
    I downloaded the app. Hopefully it catches something. Im at the point where I might just wipe my whole phone.

ROM
    Stock

I have the samsung external battery charger and three oem standard batteries. I find i only use two per day but three when i go from 5am to 1-2am on weekends. Did the same with my tbolt.

Global Posts
    7,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I only have the stock battery,most of the times I dont charge my battery until it gets 5% or lower .I can go all day on a single charge,I do have a extra charger at work just in case its needed though.
    It varies how much I am using my phone though the day, today has been a light day use so far for example my phone has been on at the present for 18 hr. 12 min.3 sec. with a screen on time of just 59 min. 51 sec.
    I am at 44% battery left so again light use today so far.

I always can get at least 12 hrs out of my stock battery tho, so still a single charge gets me though the day
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Thanks everyone for advice and experiences.

I have done tho following:
    - installed watchdog
    - uninstalled all unused google extras.
    - uninstalled facebook (highly suspect)
    - did the complete discharge. Recharge. Reaet in clockwork bit
    - turned off updating in all possible
    Apps except for k-9

Not sure which of the steps did it. Getting much better results today on stock battery.

Over 4 hours at 75%!

See attached.

Going to swap out to another battery on a new day to compare.

Glad android allows for me to tinker but not really sure if most people would just prefer to wait for os and app updates to fix issues like this for you as ios. Lots of people wait for fixes there. Most don't have issues like this at all. Those that do get really frustrated. .

I like I like to tinker and if it works well when I'm done, it's great.

Cheers!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How many batteries charges do you use a day?-uploadfromtaptalk1335457768107.jpg  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12