"Download unsuccessful"

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Anyone having this issue when trying to download things from the browser on their Nexus? It's been happening to me constantly past few weeks, driving me nuts.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
What browser? If you have chrome installed get rid of it.. It screws up downloads if it's installed even if you try downloading from another browser.

If that's not it try clearing the data for Downloads Manager or whatever it's called in Settings > Apps > All.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I do use Chrome on Codename Android(which I may need to change roms, I keep locking up) I cleared the data in 'Download manager' will see what happens it was all of a sudden. I used Chrome for awhile with no issue until a few weeks ago.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I do use Chrome on Codename Android(which I may need to change roms, I keep locking up) I cleared the data in 'Download manager' will see what happens it was all of a sudden. I used Chrome for awhile with no issue until a few weeks ago.

Uninstall chrome. Should fix it right up.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
This is the first I've heard of Chrome causing issues, any reason why?

Don't know. I mean it is beta still so things happen. I had the same issue crop up a couple weeks ago tho.. Developer told me chrome was doing it. Uninstalled it.. Problem solved :)

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem with the stock browser. What has worked for me is to go to the download menu and re-download the file. I am not sure why the files are unsuccessful when downloading directly from the browser.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I love using Chrome! I use it across all my PC's and Macs. It is easy and fast. I'm on liquid ROM. Good to know the trick about clearing the settings.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane