ICS 4.0.4

Jackamus

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Since I recently flashed the ICS 4.0.4 update. My radio issues have all but disappeared. Only issue I "think" I notice, is at powe up the radio connect seems to take a little longer. However, that is not that big of a deal. I am pleased with the update.

Of course this was my first attempt and unlocking and rooting my device and it worked like a breeze.

Thanks,
Jack

Reactions: 2defmouze

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Since I recently flashed the ICS 4.0.4 update. My radio issues have all but disappeared. Only issue I "think" I notice, is at powe up the radio connect seems to take a little longer. However, that is not that big of a deal. I am pleased with the update.

Of course this was my first attempt and unlocking and rooting my device and it worked like a breeze.

Thanks,
Jack

Did you have that problem where you would have perfect 4G signal, and all of a sudden your signal would disappear for a minute or so? I'm thinking about doing this to remedy my problem, really don't feel like dealing with a refurbished replacement as my Gnex is fine otherwise (no problems if I use it in Cdma).

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I seem to remember a thread in the DX forum where a user was having signal issues.
He said he fixed it by turning off roaming and setting to home only instead of auto.
I realize the DX isn't 4G, but thought it might be worth a shot.

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Thanks,
Jack

Welcome to the club buddy :cool:

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site

Thanks,
Jack

Of course they did! This is why everyone should root their phones and flash the 4.0.4 radios. I did this the second week having the phone, and haven't looked back. Works 100% now.

On the other hand, it is *despicable* that Google and/or Verizon hasn't fixed this prominent issue. I've had the phone 2 months myself, and I know there are people who have had it since late last year, and this hasn't yet been addressed? GARBAGE customer service.

brownph99

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I seem to remember a thread in the DX forum where a user was having signal issues.
He said he fixed it by turning off roaming and setting to home only instead of auto.
I realize the DX isn't 4G, but thought it might be worth a shot.

Speaking of which, what determines where the "Home" setting is? Does it just base it off whatever's set in the "Me" Contact?

Jackamus

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Did you have that problem where you would have perfect 4G signal, and all of a sudden your signal would disappear for a minute or so? I'm thinking about doing this to remedy my problem, really don't feel like dealing with a refurbished replacement as my Gnex is fine otherwise (no problems if I use it in Cdma).

That was part of the issue I was having!

Reactions: luke31

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of which, what determines where the "Home" setting is? Does it just base it off whatever's set in the "Me" Contact?

If I'm not mistaken, it's any area where they don't consider it roaming.
For instance, in my case roaming would be going from Cleveland to Akron or farther.

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Of course they did! This is why everyone should root their phones and flash the 4.0.4 radios. I did this the second week having the phone, and haven't looked back. Works 100% now.

On the other hand, it is *despicable* that Google and/or Verizon hasn't fixed this prominent issue. I've had the phone 2 months myself, and I know there are people who have had it since late last year, and this hasn't yet been addressed? GARBAGE customer service.

I agree and I've had enough of the apologists. Those of us who do not root are still stuck with the crappy radios and now seeing new ICS phones hitting the market w/a later release. amazing how 3 of the largest corporations in the world can't get their *&*$#$# together.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, installed AOKP build 34, along with the 4.0.4 radios. Although radio performance is a bit better, I still experience the sudden drop once in a while.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree and I've had enough of the apologists. Those of us who do not root are still stuck with the crappy radios and now seeing new ICS phones hitting the market w/a later release. amazing how 3 of the largest corporations in the world can't get their *&*$#$# together.

You're absolutely right. We shouldn't have to improve a Nexus! It should be the best.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I agree 100%. I couldn't handle the dropped calls and the horrible screeching sound in the ear piece. I got a 4S to hold me over for a little bit until they released an update for the Nexus. I still REALLY want to go back and miss it overall, but I'm not sure I can until they get their shizz together and get the radios fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781