1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Page number keeps appearing on screen

I am not very familiar with forum use, so please forgive me if I am not posting this in the right place. I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus (my first Android phone) that is not rooted. Right now I am currently using Apex Launcher and Nova Launcher (deciding which I like best) and I have a LOT of apps. I recently noticed that something is causing a small black notification box to occasionally pop up in the middle of my screen that says in white text: “Page 1 of 5”, or “Page 1 of 7”, etc. The box will fade in and then fade out. It usuallly always says page 1 of something. I have NO idea what this is from. It can appear anywhere on my device at any time (no matter what app I am running). I also noticed that it consistently appears right after I do a reset either by pulling the battery or by pressing the power button.

Does anyone know what is happening and if so, can I get rid of it? I really would not like to have to wipe my phone.

Thank you for your help in advance,

Shelly

I had a similar problem last year with the Kindle app. Do you have the Kindle app and have you useed it at all?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Don't mess with me, I haven't had my Tratonin yet.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Re: Page number keeps appearing on screen

I do have the Kindle app and I have used it. I will check that out. Thanks!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM

The page boxes still show up even after I deleted the Kindle app. I may have to wait until I get time and just wipe the whole phone.

You can clear your apps cache and see if the problem goes away. This app makes it easy to do it all at one time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Don't mess with me, I haven't had my Tratonin yet.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM

Thank you for telling me about App Cache Cleaner! Though the page numbers are still there, this app helps with another problem I was having - a very sluggish device. It now runs more smoothly.

I really can't figure out where the numbers are coming from, but the numbers are growing. It started out "1 of 5", then "1 of 6", "1 of 7", and is currently flashing "1 of 8". Creepy.

Shelly

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Are u using a 3rd party launcher
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM

I have Apex Launcher and Nova Launcher installed (still deciding which one I like best). Both have 6 screens.