Random, huge, battery drop

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So I was using my phone on my lunch at work today, put the phone in my pocket, and felt it getting extremely warm over 20 minutes. Took it out, and it had dropped over 40%. I have no idea why, and the battery stats are no help. The only apps I used were Facebook and twitter. (Twitter isn't showing in battery stats though)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me, but I don't understand your wording, it was warm for 20 minutes? or this all happened in 20 minutes after putting it in your pocket? Because 40% in 20 minutes is insane!

Just a guess, was facebook or twitter accessing the GPS for location services? I had the GPS stay on once and facebook was the culprit. Phone did exactly what you describe (Got real warm and severely drained the battery). Although in my situation it took an hour for me to notice it. Did it stop after a reboot? Has it happened since?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Forgive me, but I don't understand your wording, it was warm for 20 minutes? or this all happened in 20 minutes after putting it in your pocket? Because 40% in 20 minutes is insane!

Just a guess, was facebook or twitter accessing the GPS for location services? I had the GPS stay on once and facebook was the culprit. Phone did exactly what you describe (Got real warm and severely drained the battery). Although in my situation it took an hour for me to notice it. Did it stop after a reboot? Has it happened since?

Warm for 10 of those 20. It's never happened before.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I've had that happen a couple of times using navigation. 2 hour ride with the phone plugged in and for some strange reason it would drop to around 40%. Typically I can get in a 2 hour drive and only be down to 60-70% with the phone never plugged in. I have yet to figure what caused the drainage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance