How to delete 'albums'?

GNexROC

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
How do I delete certain albums in the photo gallery? There are two albums that recently were created in my gallery one titled 'scrapbook' and the other titled 'Profile Photos (draft)'. I'm sure they were created by some app. Both do not have any pictures in them but I cannot seem to delete them. Deleting them is not an option like it is when I long press on other albums and I cannot seem to find their location using astro file manager. Any ideas? I'd really like to delete them as opposed to just having two empty never used albums in my gallery view.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like your Google Plus albums. When you first set up the Google Plus app on your phone.. it will ask if you would like to turn on Instant Upload.. which automatically uploads all photos from your gallery into Google Plus. You need to turn that off. Also when you create a Google Plus account, it automatically creates a Picasa Web Album account for you.

First.. turn off the instant upload option by deleting Google Plus app from your phone and re-installing it.. during the setup, turn off instant upload. Also go into Settings>Accounts & Sync.. and uncheck "sync Google Photos"

To delete the albums from the phone you will need to login to Picasa and remove them. Its the same password and username used for your Google account.
Sign into https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
From the My Photos page.. click the album you'd like to delete
Click Actions>Delete Album
Select OK to confirm and delete

DanielBaker2

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
That's good for individual albums. My problem is that I've been using my Samsung S2 since they first came out, and there are one heck of a lot of albums. I'd like to do the whole batch[/B], not just one at a time.

As to
- unhooking the synch,
- Going to Settings App Manager - ALL - finding Gallery - clearing cache and data.
- then going online to Picassa and deleting Albums:

There are a heck of a lot of people with the same issues, and bumbling around trying to find the answer. Something is very very wrong with that picture.

Last edited: