Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mini Bluetooth Keyboard for the Nexus?

I checked the previous threads about this, but they don't really go anywhere.

I am looking for a mini or small folding type bluetooth keyboard to use with my Galaxy Nexus? I want something that works flawlessly with this phone. A lot of products that are out there seem to be iOS. Any ideas? Thank you.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    stock

Default Re: Mini Bluetooth Keyboard for the Nexus?

I've got the Microsoft keyboard: Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000 Overview & User Reviews - Keyboards - CNET Reviews

I plan to use it on a tablet but I've used it with my GNex just as an experiment. Their Bluetooth mouse works too. I imagine any Bluetooth device will work.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

have seen this and it's highly rated, but it's way too big. I am looking for something pocketable. Thanks.

Maybe some one will chime in but I saw online a keyboard that looks like a horizontal blackberry type keyboard, bluetooth. I think it was at cis or something, I'll search.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have seen some options, but they seem to have issues with our phones. that's why am looking for info on a mini keyboard that can work seamlessly with Android 4.0

This one works perfect:

ebay mini-bluetooth keyboard
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks for the link reading it now.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

it looks like the right product, but it gets such bad reviews with lots of complaints from the Android users. Reviews are specially bad on Amazon.

This search on Amazon, brings up a few. but none get solid good reviews from Android users.
    Amazon.com: mini bluetooth keyboard

I don't argue that it is not the best bluetooth keyboard to use. It is the best bluetooth keyboard for less than $10 shipped. Most of the bad review are from people that don't understand the bluetooth stack and the drivers needed to use a HID on android. If ur running anything less than 3.0 it will likely have trouble using it without being rooted with a custom ROM. Some 2.3 device do have the needed software but not all.

I have one of these, it works perfectly with both my GNex and my CM9 HP Touchpad. The volume and media control keys in the top row even work as intended, and it's only a little larger than the GNex, still very pocketable. It also has a laptop-style trackpad, unlike the one already posted, as well as a laser pointer. This makes it a very good presentation remote. It comes with a USB Bluetooth adapter that can be stored in a slot on the side, so you can also use it with any computer, even those without built-in Bluetooth.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Executor, thanks for this.

What do you mean the trackpad is unlike the one already posted? Thanks.

on Amazon, there is Magic-Pro, FAVI, Orient-EX, Rii, DB-Tech, Unisen iPazzPort, and others with no name selling near identical looking keyboards at varied prices. It's getting wild out there.

I meant that the keyboard is unlike the other one because it has a trackpad; the other one is a keyboard only. Having the trackpad is nice because then you only have to touch the screen if you need to do a multitouch gesture.

Out of all the similar- or identical-looking devices out there, I suggest the Magic Pro that I posted since I can confirm that the build quality is excellent, and (at least at the time I bought it) it's also the one with the lowest price. Also, most of the identical-looking ones aren't Bluetooth, so they'll only work with a computer using the included USB adapter.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Out of all the similar- or identical-looking devices out there, I suggest the Magic Pro
    Thanks. Will look into it.