Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213
Like Tree111Likes

Default Re: Not a "real Nexus?" WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by gnr_2 View Post
    I can accept that logic. As for the "pure Google experience", that's how the reviews described it so I assume it meant completely stock Android with no modifications.
    I agree that that is what is implied, however the definition of "Google experience" seems to waver between "with Google" devices and "Nexus" devices depending on who you're talking to and in what context.

People please.

When any of the things you mention or don't mention prevent me from using this as a reference device, I will say it's not a Nexus.
    Until then, Google is still enabling my use of the Galaxy Nexus for it's intended purpose.

ROM
    Vanilla Bean

I just upgraded to this from an optimus elite and this phone is the best phone out of all my friends (most of them have iPhone 4/4s) even my girlfriends iPhone 5 can't compete. She used to love her phone now she can't put mine down haha, and once this phone gets rooted its just like any other gnex but better IMO

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Jaredshoes likes this.

ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by cabiggs152 View Post
    I just upgraded to this from an optimus elite and this phone is the best phone out of all my friends (most of them have iPhone 4/4s) even my girlfriends iPhone 5 can't compete. She used to love her phone now she can't put mine down haha, and once this phone gets rooted its just like any other gnex but better IMO

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Yeah the vzw galaxy nexus is a great phone, half of it's owners have probably rooted by now and once you do you fall in love with it again.
    It's very sad that verizon AND google have given up on it but whatever.
    AC has too sorta :P
    nothing nothing nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredshoes View Post
    It's very sad that verizon AND google have given up on it but whatever.
    AC has too sorta :P
    Not true. Just the other day on the AC blog they covered the possibility of Verizon having an update to 4.2.2 in the wild. Apparently there is a screenshot and device showing the new update running on it..

Thanks to Jerry for this...

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...e-galaxy-nexus
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

"Just in case there were any Verizon Galaxy Nexus owners holding out hope that their device was still a Nexus smartphone, the dream is over. Asus, once again, has beaten Verizon to Jelly Bean as the Asus Transformer Pad 300 has received Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ahead of Verizonís Galaxy Nexus, the last Nexus in the U.S. that is without an upgrade to Android 4.2."

Full article:

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gnr_2 View Post
    "Just in case there were any Verizon Galaxy Nexus owners holding out hope that their device was still a Nexus smartphone, the dream is over. Asus, once again, has beaten Verizon to Jelly Bean as the Asus Transformer Pad 300 has received Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ahead of Verizonís Galaxy Nexus, the last Nexus in the U.S. that is without an upgrade to Android 4.2."
    That kind of thing isn't a big deal to many of us. I have 4.2.2 already as I am sure do most people who care about OS updates.
    I voided my warranty.

The only time I think about the fact that I don't have 4.2 is when I come here.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213