Not a "real Nexus?" WTF?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I can accept that logic. As for the "pure Google experience", that's how the reviews described it so I assume it meant completely stock Android with no modifications.

I agree that that is what is implied, however the definition of "Google experience" seems to waver between "with Google" devices and "Nexus" devices depending on who you're talking to and in what context.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
People please.

When any of the things you mention or don't mention prevent me from using this as a reference device, I will say it's not a Nexus.
Until then, Google is still enabling my use of the Galaxy Nexus for it's intended purpose.

cabiggs152

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded to this from an optimus elite and this phone is the best phone out of all my friends (most of them have iPhone 4/4s) even my girlfriends iPhone 5 can't compete. She used to love her phone now she can't put mine down haha, and once this phone gets rooted its just like any other gnex but better IMO :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded to this from an optimus elite and this phone is the best phone out of all my friends (most of them have iPhone 4/4s) even my girlfriends iPhone 5 can't compete. She used to love her phone now she can't put mine down haha, and once this phone gets rooted its just like any other gnex but better IMO :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Yeah the vzw galaxy nexus is a great phone, half of it's owners have probably rooted by now and once you do you fall in love with it again.
It's very sad that verizon AND google have given up on it but whatever.
AC has too sorta :p

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
"Just in case there were any Verizon Galaxy Nexus owners holding out hope that their device was still a Nexus smartphone, the dream is over. Asus, once again, has beaten Verizon to Jelly Bean as the Asus Transformer Pad 300 has received Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ahead of Verizon?s Galaxy Nexus, the last Nexus in the U.S. that is without an upgrade to Android 4.2."

Full article: http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/03/04/verizon-galaxy-nexus-beaten-to-jelly-bean-again/

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
"Just in case there were any Verizon Galaxy Nexus owners holding out hope that their device was still a Nexus smartphone, the dream is over. Asus, once again, has beaten Verizon to Jelly Bean as the Asus Transformer Pad 300 has received Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ahead of Verizon?s Galaxy Nexus, the last Nexus in the U.S. that is without an upgrade to Android 4.2."
That kind of thing isn't a big deal to many of us. I have 4.2.2 already as I am sure do most people who care about OS updates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol