Big Red Galaxy Nexus getting 4.0.4 IMM76K?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
BTW, VZW said it's not pushing this--so Google is?

https://twitter.com/#!/VZWSupport/status/197359219949834242

From what I gather from reading oodles of info about the gnex update process, Google makes the updates, ships them to verizon for QoS testing, then after the update is approved GOOGLE pushes the updates, so it would make sense that verizon employees would know nothing about it as google would release it on their own time.

Glad to see something is FINALLY being done. Someone pull the update from your phone when you get it and give it to us so we can flash it (or at least the radios) :D

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
LOL im with you. I JUST rooted and ROMed AOKP 3 hours ago. Then I look in this forum and wouldnt u know it...

Like I said, just keep your peepers on the flashing subforum. We'll have everyone covered ;). I presume we'll have radios in a day or so, and I presume that ROM devs will incorporate within 1-3 days.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I remember a few years back when I saw something like this and actually got excited... Now, I've become a living breathing ball of pessimism... Sigh.

Until I actually see "An update is available for your device."... I shall remain :-\

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I remember a few years back when I saw something like this and actually got excited... Now, I've become a living breathing ball of pessimism... Sigh.

Until I actually see "An update is available for your device."... I shall remain :-\

The picture of an in-store device with the update sold me. Unless Verizon is trolling us...lol

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Also, some fella on D-L is trying to throw water on this ==>

Doesn't look like the update is real. Did some searching on the usernames here claiming the got 4.0.4 or saw store devices updating and they all are a part of XDA which happens to have a CM9 Mod build of IMM76K.

Who knows. LOL @ CM trolling though, that'd be kind of hilarious. And incredibly depressing.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Like I said, just keep your peepers on the flashing subforum. We'll have everyone covered ;). I presume we'll have radios in a day or so, and I presume that ROM devs will incorporate within 1-3 days.

Yeah its all good... I just knew it would happen.. I love this aokp rom anyway... I just want the radios... GIVE ME THE RADIOS LOL

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Man I want that baseband. I'm sure the system changes will be incorporated into most--if not all--"mainstream roms." But really, I want the radios lol

+1 for the radios. Ive been on 4.0.4 for a month already. Nothing new there :)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Another of many strikes against DL and their awful team of wannabe reporters. Hope everyone enjoyed being duped. Make sure to let them know how you feel about their "news" site..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Another of many strikes against DL and their awful team of wannabe reporters. Hope everyone enjoyed being duped. Make sure to let them know how you feel about their "news" site..

FWIW some people are saying VZW confirmed over the phone that a soak test is being rolled out.

I'm calling them myself on my smoke break, and will use my lawyer-ninja skills to see what's what--if anything.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
FWIW some people are saying VZW confirmed over the phone that a soak test is being rolled out.

I'm calling them myself on my smoke break, and will use my lawyer-ninja skills to see what's what--if anything.

Haha whatever DL is still garbage :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781