Like Tree74Likes
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Default Re: [ICS][4.0.4] Official IMM76K Update Thread for the VZW GNex

Quote Originally Posted by Yung_Dilla View Post
    I'm 100% stock no root anything someone point me in the right direction please and thank you
    byrds8 used this method to update without unlocking or rooting:

if you use this method, note that there is a line of code that looks like a quotation mark (") but is actually two apostrophes ('')

* INCREDIBLE * MECHA * TORO * GROUPER * GALAXY S3 *
    * [TORO RADIOS] * [NEXUS WALLS] * [GROUPER GUIDE] * [CHATTER] *

ROM
    AOSPA 3.99/ Golden Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by ggpike View Post
    Ugh. Not good. My wife and I have both had the screeching noise as well as one way audio / mic mute issue for months now. I'm also hearing that this update does not fix the one way audio / mic mute problem. This is awful. We might be ditching this phone soon, which I hate because there's really not another phone out there that I think is worth it either.

I'm holding out hope the update was pulled in order to work more on these issues. The only other thing I can think of is that there's something up with this region. I'm in Charlotte, NC and lot's of people that have been having these problems are here or in a few other locations around the country where the problem seems to be concentrated. I know that VZW is supposed to be beefing up towers and 4G in Charlotte in preparation for the DNC convention. Maybe that will fix it or messing with it is what's causing it?
    I'm here in Charlotte too and the VZW rep told me the same thing. He said by July we should have one of the best 4G networks in the US. I haven't experienced the screeching noise but I have experienced one way audio. I just assumed it was the call about to drop.

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yung_Dilla View Post
    I'm 100% stock no root anything someone point me in the right direction please and thank you
    If youre wanting to install the update you can go here:

I would read through the thread there too as the instruction that are on the site are written as if you know exactly what to use and what to get and what not. After the guy explained everything to me it really was simple to install the update. It gives you a temp root that is gone after you have finished the install and what not. No prior root or unlocked bootloader required.

Has anyone confirmed if the leak improves the slow screen rotation?

Global Posts
    1,564 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Matreyu View Post
    Improved but not as snappy as id like it

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Matreyu View Post

Quote Originally Posted by asmallchild View Post
    Improved but not as snappy as id like it
    Fwiw the delay is by design. In AOKP (and perhaps other ROMS, I'm not sure) you can adjust it to be much shorter if you like.. So the default was set to a certain speed, it's not a "flaw".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    zero neck likes this.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

So what will happen to all those folks not rooted and need to roll back to b on 4.0.2 official path when vzw decides to officially release a update that is newer then this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    So what will happen to all those folks not rooted and need to roll back to b on 4.0.2 official path when vzw decides to officially release a update that is newer then this?

If that were to happen and anyone cared, lol, it literally takes either one minute to root... Or 5 minutes to do a factory image restore over fastboot, your choice. And assuming everyone who's flashed this has an unlocked bootloader, they should have fastboot set up and be able to handle it no problem.

Thanked by:

So I went from 4.0.2 stock rooted and unlocked to 4.0.4. Ever since then, when I turn off and on the phone, I notice that "MAPS' is in my recent apps. I did not start the app it just is started on its own. Anyone else notice this?

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by jsz3us View Post
    So I went from 4.0.2 stock rooted and unlocked to 4.0.4. Ever since then, when I turn off and on the phone, I notice that "MAPS' is in my recent apps. I did not start the app it just is started on its own. Anyone else notice this?
    Answered:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Totally normal. Open maps, let it find you, then close by backing out. Even if it appears open its not active and its affect on your system and battery is nil.

Thanked by 2:
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

But most of responses I'm seeing most are not rooted or unlocked. Heck even some one come with a one time root to flash this. Most of us who are rooted and unlocked already had 4.0.4 just not the new radios which we have already flashed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    If that were to happen and anyone cared, lol, it literally takes either one minute to root... Or 5 minutes to do a factory image restore over fastboot, your choice. And assuming everyone who's flashed this has an unlocked bootloader, they should have fastboot set up and be able to handle it no problem.

Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #212  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Well then they'll probably have to unlock, take it back to stock, and then accept the update.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Well then they'll probably have to unlock, take it back to stock, and then accept the update.
    Yup. Case closed. Lol

Thanks a grunch! That was simple, quick and painless.

I flashed this new update. Can I still add mods and themes. Does anyone recommend using clockworkmods themes. I have the payed version.

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by macmitten View Post
    I flashed this new update. Can I still add mods and themes. Does anyone recommend using clockworkmods themes. I have the payed version.
    I'd say use zipthemer or metamorph.
    Thanked by:

Okay and where can you find themes?

ROM
    Stock Rooted

I don't see many on these forums, so I'd try XDA or Rootzwiki.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Being on stock os is hard to theme. a lot more work is involved. Best bet is to flash a popular rom like aokp liquid they have good theme support.

Thanked by 2:

This update is purely stock so it's not deodexed. Please don't ask for a technical explanation but basically a non deodexed rom cannot accept themeing.
    Your best bet like moosc stated is to install a custom rom. Aokp has the most selection of themes and it's way better than stock.

This post courtesy of Tapatalk2
    Thanked by 2:
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #221  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by davey11 View Post
    This update is purely stock so it's not deodexed. Please don't ask for a technical explanation but basically a non deodexed rom cannot accept themeing.
    Your best bet like moosc stated is to install a custom rom. Aokp has the most selection of themes and it's way better than stock.

This post courtesy of Tapatalk2
    There is also a deodexed version of this in the rom forum .
    Thanked by:

Yeah, I'm rooted and unlocked. I flashed IMM76K no problem.

Thanks didn't know there was a deodexed version.
    Even so, there is not one theme that is made for stock roms.
    He could install themed apps and mods. But no full themes.

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

Hey guys-need some help ASAP. Short of the long, I bought a craigslist desktop pc a while back with windows 7 ulitmate (I know...never again). It crashed after a while and a tech guy at work got me XP. All seemed well. So I finally decided to make the time to unlock/root. I can't even get my pc to recognize my gnex. I've been messing around and searched the net for about 2 hours. I've downloaded wmp 11, the mtp (mtppk12), and restarted. I've checked the "enable USB debugging" on the handset. I keep getting the "found unknown hardware wizard" and I still get an error. Where am I going wrong? I have a laptop but it's old (have a nice work laptop I can't use for this). This desktop is getting close to going out the window lol. Hoping it's something simple. Appreciate it...didn't think this warrants it's own thread but perhaps. My apologies if it does.

EDIT: it does now say portable device...but when I double click it opens and emty galaxy nexus folder. Downloaded the Sammy USB drivers. Now it recognized my device, as in no wizard prompt, but empty folder. What should I be selecting? Sorry this is embarrassing lol
    Last edited by ConTejas; 05-07-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ConTejas View Post
    Hey guys-need some help ASAP. Short of the long, I bought a craigslist desktop pc a while back with windows 7 ulitmate (I know...never again). It crashed after a while and a tech guy at work got me XP. All seemed well. So I finally decided to make the time to unlock/root. I can't even get my pc to recognize my gnex. I've been messing around and searched the net for about 2 hours. I've downloaded wmp 11, the mtp (mtppk12), and restarted. I've checked the "enable USB debugging" on the handset. I keep getting the "found unknown hardware wizard" and I still get an error. Where am I going wrong? I have a laptop but it's old (have a nice work laptop I can't use for this). This desktop is getting close to going out the window lol. Hoping it's something simple. Appreciate it...didn't think this warrants it's own thread but perhaps. My apologies if it does.

EDIT: it does now say portable device...but when I double click it opens and emty galaxy nexus folder. Downloaded the Sammy USB drivers. Now it recognized my device, as in no wizard prompt, but empty folder. What should I be selecting? Sorry this is embarrassing lol
    Have you downloaded and installed the usb drivers from samsung.com?
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast