[ICS][4.0.4][4/2] Official IMM76K Update Thread for the VZW GNex

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ICS][4.0.4] Official IMM76K Update Thread for the VZW GNex

I'm 100% stock no root anything someone point me in the right direction please and thank you

byrds8 used this method to update without unlocking or rooting:
IMM76K Direct for Verizon Galaxy Nexus Manual OTA Instructions [UPDATED][New Working Link] ? StrifeJester's Rants

if you use this method, note that there is a line of code that looks like a quotation mark (") but is actually two apostrophes ('')

jmorosky

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Ugh. Not good. My wife and I have both had the screeching noise as well as one way audio / mic mute issue for months now. I'm also hearing that this update does not fix the one way audio / mic mute problem. This is awful. We might be ditching this phone soon, which I hate because there's really not another phone out there that I think is worth it either.

I'm holding out hope the update was pulled in order to work more on these issues. The only other thing I can think of is that there's something up with this region. I'm in Charlotte, NC and lot's of people that have been having these problems are here or in a few other locations around the country where the problem seems to be concentrated. I know that VZW is supposed to be beefing up towers and 4G in Charlotte in preparation for the DNC convention. Maybe that will fix it or messing with it is what's causing it?

I'm here in Charlotte too and the VZW rep told me the same thing. He said by July we should have one of the best 4G networks in the US. I haven't experienced the screeching noise but I have experienced one way audio. I just assumed it was the call about to drop.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I'm 100% stock no root anything someone point me in the right direction please and thank you

If youre wanting to install the update you can go here:

IMM76K Direct for Verizon Galaxy Nexus Manual OTA Instructions [UPDATED][New Working Link] ? StrifeJester's Rants

I would read through the thread there too as the instruction that are on the site are written as if you know exactly what to use and what to get and what not. After the guy explained everything to me it really was simple to install the update. It gives you a temp root that is gone after you have finished the install and what not. No prior root or unlocked bootloader required.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
So what will happen to all those folks not rooted and need to roll back to b on 4.0.2 official path when vzw decides to officially release a update that is newer then this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So what will happen to all those folks not rooted and need to roll back to b on 4.0.2 official path when vzw decides to officially release a update that is newer then this?

If that were to happen and anyone cared, lol, it literally takes either one minute to root... Or 5 minutes to do a factory image restore over fastboot, your choice. And assuming everyone who's flashed this has an unlocked bootloader, they should have fastboot set up and be able to handle it no problem. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: oxymoron

jsz3us

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

So I went from 4.0.2 stock rooted and unlocked to 4.0.4. Ever since then, when I turn off and on the phone, I notice that "MAPS' is in my recent apps. I did not start the app it just is started on its own. Anyone else notice this?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So I went from 4.0.2 stock rooted and unlocked to 4.0.4. Ever since then, when I turn off and on the phone, I notice that "MAPS' is in my recent apps. I did not start the app it just is started on its own. Anyone else notice this?

Answered:
Totally normal. Open maps, let it find you, then close by backing out. Even if it appears open its not active and its affect on your system and battery is nil.

:)

Reactions: jsz3us and oxymoron

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
But most of responses I'm seeing most are not rooted or unlocked. Heck even some one come with a one time root to flash this. Most of us who are rooted and unlocked already had 4.0.4 just not the new radios which we have already flashed.
If that were to happen and anyone cared, lol, it literally takes either one minute to root... Or 5 minutes to do a factory image restore over fastboot, your choice. And assuming everyone who's flashed this has an unlocked bootloader, they should have fastboot set up and be able to handle it no problem. :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Well then they'll probably have to unlock, take it back to stock, and then accept the update.

Reactions: 2defmouze

macmitten

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I flashed this new update. Can I still add mods and themes. Does anyone recommend using clockworkmods themes. I have the payed version.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I flashed this new update. Can I still add mods and themes. Does anyone recommend using clockworkmods themes. I have the payed version.

This update is purely stock so it's not deodexed. Please don't ask for a technical explanation but basically a non deodexed rom cannot accept themeing.
Your best bet like moosc stated is to install a custom rom. Aokp has the most selection of themes and it's way better than stock.

This post courtesy of Tapatalk2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar