When you get the 4.04 update pushed out by Verizon...

cbwx34

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I've read several posts on how Verizon pushes out the official update... by location, purchase date of the phone, etc.

I thought it might be interesting, for those who wait and get the update from Verizon, to post when you get it, the City and or State you live in, generally when you bought the phone, and/or if you did anything to get the update (reset the phone, pulled the SIM, etc.).

Thought it might be interesting to see if any pattern develops.

Thanks!!

RyMac04

BB Convert
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I like this idea. And we should try not to fill it with "I got my phone in (month) in (region) and I don't have the update. No offense grey :cool:

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Verizon doesn't push Nexus updates we still get ours from Google. Their standard procedure is to soak test updates before full release so don't expect much for another 2 weeks or so.

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon doesn't push Nexus updates we still get ours from Google. Their standard procedure is to soak test updates before full release so don't expect much for another 2 weeks or so.

Sounds about right since someone posted the last rumor as May 17, but then the counter argument would be why the delay for 5 months :-!

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
dropped by the Verizon Store at lunch today... one display unit had 4.0.4, one was still on 4.0.2; I'm on my second unit a warranty replacement directly from Mountain View, no luck yet...

I give myself a deadline till the end of next week, if no update; then I'm taking the day off work and will figure out how to unlock, root and flash the thing...

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
dropped by the Verizon Store at lunch today... one display unit had 4.0.4, one was still on 4.0.2; I'm on my second unit a warranty replacement directly from Mountain View, no luck yet...

I give myself a deadline till the end of next week, if no update; then I'm taking the day off work and will figure out how to unlock, root and flash the thing...

Did it 2 days ago, well worth it

Won't even take you the whole day, managed to complete it in one evening! :)

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

I am taking the same route but actually wait it out until the end of May.

Did it 2 days ago, well worth it

Won't even take you the whole day, managed to complete it in one evening! :)

Reading through all those threads, I might just brick mt phone, lol

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried rooting my phone but I am having no luck. The unlocking part was easy but the rooting part isn't working. If anyone can help let me know.

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried rooting my phone but I am having no luck. The unlocking part was easy but the rooting part isn't working. If anyone can help let me know.

For any easy way to do all rooting and unlocking head over to xda and get wugfresh's galaxy nexus root toolkit. With a press of the button everything is done for you. Very simple. It can even unroot and lock if you want. Follow the instructions and you will be done in about 10 minutes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site

Download and use the Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit easiest thing I have used yet to unlock and root. Although it does unlock the phone for you not sure if that will mess it up or not. Nonetheless a great app!

RyMac04

BB Convert
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to wait for the official update and THEN unlock/root my phone for battery performance tweaks. Something I have regretfully yet to do.

But i'm not techy enough to want to flash 4.04 for two weeks and then have to unroot/lock to go get the official.

macmitten

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Just rooted mine. It was very simple as long as you can figure out a thing or two. Did it on my mac. I feel like I have a new phone now. Why did I wait so long? Idk but the phone is much snappier :D

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I think sorting the drivers are the hardest thing on rooting. I did it the manual way.
These toolkits things nowdays make it really painless.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power