thinking of switching to the gnex from a windows phone...

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
not that i dont like my windows phone, it works flawlessly. and the lack of apps doesnt really bother me either, it has what i need. sur ethere are a few i miss... but i am frankly just bored with it. and looking at apollo, i was very optimistic, but im not sure i like it? im not sure windows 8 on my pc is going to be as functional or productive as windows 7? and the idea that MS wants it all to be one unified ecosystem, kinda makes me feel like it is more of prison than an ecosystem... and to top it off, i am tired of waiting. i feel like i have been waiting for awhile now. my last android was a bionic, and it wasnt bad. at first i loved it. but then the lust wore off and it frustrated me. the keyboard was awful. even with go sms i couldnt stand it. ( should have paid for swift key) certain apps didnt work right, like blockbuster... only had 1 or 2 force closes. not much lag either. i dunno the OS didnt feel as polished as wp7 or ios. however, with my constant desire to have something new, i feel like i need an android. in that when im bored, i can just change my theme entirely. so what do you guys think of the gnex? is it a phone worthy of an off contract purchase (300.00 or so) will it be on par with competition at least for another year? would anyone in here buy one on a 2 year contract at this point, knowing they would be locked into it for the next 2 years?

thanks for any advice

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Man stock ics was dope. But bow that I rooted everything is even better. Stock the phone doesn't have the best battery life. Which was my main issue but now that I'm rooted I'm good. But its something to consider if your not going to tweak your device. Also signal is not the strongest in some areas. Overall though I like my device. Ics is nice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
ive always been a fan of samsung phones, except for they seem to all have radio issues. moto and htc are just ok... out of those three is the gnex the best choice?

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
ive always been a fan of samsung phones, except for they seem to all have radio issues. moto and htc are just ok... out of those three is the gnex the best choice?

I would say so. and now that the 4.0.4 update came, the "bad signal" threads seem to have stopped. I personally LOVE my nexus, and wouldn't give it up for anything (even the Note, OneX, SGS3).
ICS is a HUGE step towards a more polished OS. i would say it is right up there in terms of smoothness with WP7 and iOS. its a fantastic phone that got a bad wrap due to slow a slow update to 4.0.4. as long as you are on that, you are going to be pretty happy...and the phone is only going to get better with time.
if you are bored with WP7, then a Nexus is the perfect phone for you. if you Root and ROM it (you should) you wont get bored.

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

I think so, I'm stuck on Verizon

I understand it's foolish to expect to own the latest and greatest in something like the smartphone field but I really do not like how Motorola does business. Razr -> Razr MAXX -> Razr developer's edition -> Razr HD -> I'm assuming Razr MAXX HD at some point and it's barely been 6 months since the Razr was released (not to mention how P.O.ed Bionic owners must feel)

Really disliked Sense on the Rezound although I understand Sense 4.0 is supposed to be less heavy handed

Really do feel the Nexus is the go-to device, at least on Verizon (I've owned a Stratosphere prior to this that had horrific connection issues, my Nexus is good thus far, had some connection issues while traveling but none at home or at work)