Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: GMail App...No Group Emailing

I guess google engineers are too busy, & didn't read all these posts on the same subject. Here we are 6 mos later & the problem persists.
    Why did they bother setting up "Groups" at all?
    CSP

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts

the app isn't supported for the Nexus 7 - no idea why. Has anyone got access to the .apk so I can install it manually?

Alan

What was the app referred to that enables me to use my "groups" from gmail when I am sending an email from my nexus 4?
    Thank you

incompatible with the Nexus7 :-(

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Contacts group isn't compatible with all devices - won't work with my Kobo Arc for example....

This is how I managed to do it on the HTC Incredibe II:
    Under "People" select the group icon at the bottom of the screen.
    Select the group that you want to email
    Press the 3 arrow "share" button
    Click "group mail button" button

On my Samsung Galaxy Nexus (OS 4.1.2) I can't see how to email a group via contacts, because there doesn't appear to be any sharing option. The Contact GroupsU app works ok for emailing one group, but you can't include several groups in the one email (as far as I can see). On the occasions when I want to email several groups in the one email, I just use the desktop version of Gmail on my mobile and this works fine. Except that I found I had to use the older version of Gmail, not the newer one with the pop-out email window, which only allowed me to send to one group. It also lets me send via BCC, so the recipients don't see all the other addresses. Limited re attachments, can only attach an image from your photos.
    Last edited by Androicles; 05-23-2013 at 12:27 AM.

Thi

With Group Manager Pro from Play Store (A paid Ap) I have been able to copy a group on to the clipboard and then forward an email to the entire group. Its a work around but it works

lucindas102, that's an ingenious workaround. thanks!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12