Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By leaddog128
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default #22899

I haven't seen this in any forum yet but my phone is randomly dialing #22899 to update 3g. I am on my third phone and second sim card. Verizon is not telling me it has something to do with the cell towers on their side. So far they are telling me that I am the only one this is happening to. My wife has the same phone and hasn't had any problems. Any help would be great.
    Thanked by:
    joeln 

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

I've noticed my phone doing this randomly. I just think its updating the prl.
    (Preferred Roaming List)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

This happened to me a few weeks ago. I rebooted and it was still doing it so I shut it down again and yanked the battery for a few minutes. It has not come back (knock on wood.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: #22899

At least I'm not the only one. According to Verizon by dialing #22899 it damages your sim card and affects your signal strength. My first phone was doing it for about a week and my battery was discharging at a rate of about 15% and hour and at times I would have to wait a minute or so for signal. After receiving my new phone I lose about 10% every two hours.
    Thanked by:
    joeln 
    joeln likes this.

Default Re: #22899

This has happened to me about 3 times since I got the phone on launch day. It has only done it when I had zero cell service, underground in the NY subway. I immediately switch the phone to airplane mode and the call ends.
    D Inc on launch day- Galaxy Nexus on launch day----Dev Edition Moto X better late than never----Love me some Android.

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Quote Originally Posted by caasheew View Post
    I've noticed my phone doing this randomly. I just think its updating the prl.
    (Preferred Roaming List)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I don't think 4G receives PRL updates anymore. Can anyone confirm?
    Thanked by:
    joeln