Galaxy Nexus getting HOT when charging

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Lately, when I charge my Gnex, which seems to be all the time, the phone gets really hot while on the charger. It seems that if the screen is off while charging, this is not the case. But if I am using the phone while on the charger, or I just leave the screen on while it charges, ithe whole phone heats up.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Thats pretty normal. Its thin, and the screen takes a bit of energy to light up bc its huge, and the charging makes it hot as well.

Maybe lowering the brightness level could help.

Its not like burning hot, right? Just regular hot is ok.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
It gets fairly hot. I lowered the screen brightness tonight. Trying to save some juice. Hopefully this will help the heating issue as well. Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jlongjr27

May 30, 2011
Visit site
One time my phone got so hot while charging the screen was flickering. So i pulled the battery and let it cool off. When I put the battery back in it was completely dead. After it charged for a short while it turned back on and was ok.

Aside from that it doesn't get hot while charging. If any apps are running while it's charging and the screen is on it does get hot, like using gps nav in the car.

feelinfroggy23

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well for one the reason why it will get hot is because you are using it while charging. If you have the screen brightness up then yes it will hey twice as hot...so solution don't use your phone while charging. I keep my brightness low half the time because it saves battery and stays cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Also when your phone reaches 120 it will stop charging. Once it cools down a couple degrees it will start charging again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21