If you could turn back time, would you do it again?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've seen a lot of threads asking if this is really a true Nexus, threads that other phones are better and the signal is pathetic....

I have Unlimited Data and have seen the power and speed of 4g. It would be stupid for me to consider leaving Verizon for any other Nexus on another network.

I also believe that, in spite of any faults it has, even its detractors will agree that it is probably the most open phone we will ever see on Verizon. There are no guarantees the next Nexus will support Verizon, though I hope it will.

I got the Nexus not only to enjoy and appreciate its pure ICS and 4g, but also knowing that it would probably have a longer afterlife than most other phones.

The modibility and developer support allowed the original droid to see countless updates after it was deemed officially obsolete.

If Verizon doesn't get another Nexus right away, or ever again, I am hoping the Nexus will continue to see many updates, official or otherwise.

I know it;s not a perfect phone, but I can say without a doubt that I would definitely get it again if given the chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: MHBlink8

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I would! I love the nexus, even thought the verizon is slightly faux. If it worked as advertised, I would be a google freak. My first experiance was with a piece of garbage though, two of those faux nexus's, junk. Third time is a charm?

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I got the Droid Razr Maxx for my business line and as much as I love that phone I still use and like my Nexus much more. Haven't even put any roms or anything. Bone stock. Not really concerned about the delayed update cycle we are seeing. Although one update is hardly evidence of what to expect. I am gonna mod it one day just not yet. This thing is buttery smooth and crazy fast. Good battery life and I get good pictures. Not great but good. It is a pretty bad ass phone. HTC is fine but it won't see many updates and the next phone I would consider is the Intel powered Motorola. But not the first series. Rock on Nexii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I am a total rom, kernel, modder freak. I knew the 3rd party development scene would be good, but this phone borders on obscene in that regard.

From now on, I will buy a phone based mainly on developer support, which undoubtedly the next nexus will have. Also being on an AOSP platform is really so much better than a skinned option.

But to answer the question, a big HELL YEAH I would buy this phone again. I am one of the lucky ones who have had ZERO issues, and am on my first phone from launch day. :)

This post courtesy of Tapatalk2

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup I would get the GN again as well,without hesitation.
I havent had any real issues with my GN to make me Not get it .
Actually I ws the first one in line on at the store I was at on launch day to get the Nexus.
I may have very well been the one who bought the first GN in my city on launch day .
:cool:

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely. This is as good as it will get on Verizon in terms of openness. I really do hope that the next Nexus is supported on Verizon although I get the feeling not. Regardless, I'm glad to have finally owned one.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
yes and i would do it over over and over the nexus is the best phone i ever owned and being guaranteed a jellybean update is a nice feeling

quikric

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely!
Love the pure Google ics experience, and NO bloatware.
Except for slightly lower signal reception, which really has caused zero problems, the phone has been trouble free.
Still on my first GNex, bought on launch day.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I like the phone, display, and size.
I dislike the fact there is not an update or any accessories yet and its been five months now. Knowing what I know now I have to say that I would not do it again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to love this phone, I lined up on launch day to buy it, but it just doesn't work well. I have seen mine unable to load a single website while my wife's vzw phone is sitting right next to it streaming Youtube videos with full bars. It has times when it refueses to connect or use wifi also. I have had the phone get so physically hot to the touch that I have to pull its battery and wait for it to cool off because the screen was causing considerably discomfort to my skin. I have had it just reboot/die and turn off for no reason at least once everyday that I've owned it. The battery can go from 100% to 15% in less than 3 hours on somedays and others it will last 6 hours, but it has never made it to a full 8 hours on a charge. The screen artifacts like crazy and it looks like a old PC monitor that has a wallpaper image burnt into it. The speaker is so soft and faint that it is impossible to hear someone calling you. Rotating from landscape to portrait is so slow that is comical. The keyboard with features disabled still lags. The OS itself lags, launching Angry Birds on my Pnex is slower than on my bionic. Apps (native and third party) force close reapetedly and for no reason. Not to mention all of the Fake or Real Nexus drama.

This is all just my opinion and in a forums we are encouraged to give our opinions- In my opinion the Samsung Galaxy Nexus IS the worst smartphone I have ever owned.

If I could turn back time knowing what I know now, I would not buy one.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Yes I would. I think I'm one of the lucky ones, I'm still on my 1st phone, and I don't appear to have the signal issues some do. This is the best phone I've ever had.

Is it perfect? No, but what phone is?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Not only would I buy the GN again if I could turn back time, but it's also the only phone I would buy if I needed a new one today.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Same device since launch. We enjoy one another's company.

Like davey, my purchases will rely heavily on development support. Development support insures you have the absolute latest software, and that it's even better than stock.... if you're into that sort of thing.

While all the people with stock are saying "I wish my phone did x... I wish my phone did y... I wish my phone did z..." Ours do x, y, z, and then some.

Liberation.

Don't flame me, I know I'm not in the root/ROM section. Just my opinion. I know it's not for everyone, and that's okay. It IS for me though, which is why developer support will always be important.

The Nexus has it. Bar none.

*customized tapatalk signature*

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I would

I'm stuck on Verizon so there isn't much else to consider

- Not a fan of the iPhone line
- Really despise Blackberries
- Desired a 4G phone
- Among the large players that offer Android and 4G, I cannot stand Motorola with their locked bootloaders and constant stream of new releases. A little disappointed HTC's One line has not made its way to Verizon. And among Samsung devices offered on Verizon, the Nexus is clearly top of the line.

I will confess to missing a hardware keyboard (came from the OG Droid) at times as I just cannot get the hang of typing on a screen (this includes the ICS keyboard, Swiftkey, and Swype) but downgrading to a Droid 4 or a Stratosphere doesn't really excite me either.

At the end of the day, I figured I would rather have a nicer phone than be so quick to respond to emails :)