Rebooted Twice today

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Was driving with it plugged in, Navigation running while I talked on the phone.

It got rather hot and rebooted on the way to where I was going and the way back.

And yesterday once at 10pm just for fun...

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah you will have that. My Pnex has rebooted itself once or twice each day that I've owned it. The worst is when it reboots when you aren't even touching it. Because then it is just sitting there turned off and I have no idea about it until I go to use it.

Really shouldn't even call it rebooting. Since it won't do that. It just dies and turns off. Then if you were dumb enough to try to use it as an alarm clock (like I was) you wake up an hour late for work to a phone that is turned off.

I wish it would reboot. The whole having to hold the power button down for it to turn on sucks. I've lost count of how many times I will be walking around with a turned off Pnex in my pocket wondering why I haven't gotten any messages lately. Lol a very annoying problem

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that mine will reboot the first time using the GPS. After it rebooted and I go back in it's fine. My Droid X behaved the same way.

Downwind

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been running stock 4.0.2 since Jan. Never had reboots. Lately it's rebooted a few times. I think it must be some clunky apps. I added a few new ones recently. Hopefully 4.0.4 will sort this out.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Mine were probably because of the heat of running Navigation and doing other things... or it could have been because I was running many things.

It's been a re-boot every time except for once where I had to turn it back on.

Actually it rebooted while I was talking to Verizon about minutes on the way home and using nav...

By the way family plan 1400 min to get to 2000 min was $10 more.

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Never had rebooting issues outside of Navigation

I noticed this problem with Navigation early on in the device when I was still locked and running stock 4.0.2

Near the end of April I was still running stock 4.0.2 and the problem resolved. Not sure if there is an app causing crashing with Navigation?

My phone wasn't particularly hot with reboots either

Now that I'm unlocked, rooted, running a ROM, the issue still has not resurfaced

Maybe check your apps and try deleting some that are unused, maybe there's a conflict among apps? (That's what I did to fix my issue with the device)

I also noticed that when I ran navigation with the screen off (I would keep the screen off for long trips and reactivate it when I got closer and needed the directions), it would be more likely to reboot. I remember only rare reboots with the navigation and screen on at the same time

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Reboot during navigation happens to me very often - I've lost count of how many times I've driven right past my destination because the phone decided to quietly reboot about 5 minutes before I got there. :-\

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
My phone gets pretty hot when I'm talking or doing navigation.

I would say once a week it reboots while sitting next to me doing nothing.

Two reboots yesterday were during nav and talking. Could have cooked an egg on my ear.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad