Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vance14
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Would-be Doc

ROM
    Friggin' Jelly Bean

Default Flipboard .apk now available

Looks like the fine folks at XDA managed to snag the .apk of the Galaxy S3's timed exclusive (lawl) Flipboard app for Android.

I installed it on my Galaxy Nexus and it works beautifully. I am really, really happy this app is finally liberated from iOS.
    Thanked by 3:

Default Re: Flipboard .apk now available

I want S Voice!! great find tho buddy. Thanks
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Would-be Doc

ROM
    Friggin' Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by n0obpr0 View Post
    I want S Voice!! great find tho buddy. Thanks
    No problem! The guy who extracted the .apk is working on getting S Voice out the gate soon, so hopefully that comes down the pipe soon.

Also, doesn't the iOS version of Flipboard let you put in your own feeds? I'm okay with the stock categories they have since I can use Pulse and Google Reader, but more customization is always welcome.

I like how you can add your own feeds (facebook & twitter). It runs pretty good so far in my GN. WAY better than Currents.

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

I always use times like these to remind people how easy Chrome-to-Phone makes it to send apps to the phone automatically for immediate install. Just right-click the link, click Chrome-to-Phone (or Fox-to-Phone if you are using Firefox) and it will send the apk link directly to the phone and start downloading it. It will ask for install once downloaded. You just need the app on the phone and the extension/plug-in for the browser.
    Thanked by:
    madisonjar likes this.

Global Posts
    1,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP with Franco

Awesome, works perfectly. Thanks!

Are you guys having some issues with page turning? Mine is flickering a whole lot on my GNex.

Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    Are you guys having some issues with page turning? Mine is flickering a whole lot on my GNex.
    at first i did, but i unchecked GPU rendering and it stopped the flickering problems

ROM
    aokp 34

i cant seem to find the actual download?

ROM
    aokp 34

Quote Originally Posted by steveinil View Post
    i cant seem to find the actual download?
    lol found it

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    I always use times like these to remind people how easy Chrome-to-Phone makes it to send apps to the phone automatically for immediate install. Just right-click the link, click Chrome-to-Phone (or Fox-to-Phone if you are using Firefox) and it will send the apk link directly to the phone and start downloading it. It will ask for install once downloaded. You just need the app on the phone and the extension/plug-in for the browser.
    Wow, I've been using Chrome to Phone since it was released and I never knew this! Thanks!

I'll download and install it just out of curiosity, but honestly, I seem to get buy great with Google Reader. It's fast and informative and easy to jump in and out of on both my PC and Galaxy Nexus.

I've tried currents but wasn't crazy about if, even on my Transformer Prime.

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

I saw someone posted on another site that we can get the widgets by moving the app from the SD card to the phone memory from setting/apps. I don't see that option. Has anyone got the widgets?

I'm disappointed with this app. The choices for feeds are very based. Probably as this isn't the full build but if this is what is going to be released to start, comparing to the version on my iPad, then I won't be using this app.

Quote Originally Posted by jharo View Post
    I saw someone posted on another site that we can get the widgets by moving the app from the SD card to the phone memory from setting/apps. I don't see that option. Has anyone got the widgets?
    The widgets are working perfectly for me.

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Installed yesterday app seems to work fine and everything. So much for the Galaxy S3 exclusive.

I'm not sure if this would replace my current news reader of choice though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Would-be Doc

ROM
    Friggin' Jelly Bean

I haven't used them, but I see them in my widgets tray. I didn't do anything with the app after I installed it.

And after checking the iOS version of Flipboard I can confirm that the Android version is far from feature complete. It's supposed to operate similarly to Pulse in that you can select feeds from a bunch of specific sources. Maybe it'll be updated when we get closer to the GSIII's launch.

EDIT: Wait, I'm a fool. There are tons of news feeds to choose from! This looks pretty close to what the iOS version has.
    Last edited by KineticMD; 05-10-2012 at 01:22 PM.

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.04 IMM76K

I have never heard of this amazing app. Very flashy, wish you could put in your own sites like other readers. I really like it and its cool it can be grabbed from the gs3.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

App works perfect for me. Looks very nice on the GN.

To add a feed hit the search spy glass and do a search for your feed. I can add whatever feed I want ...
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.04 IMM76K

Quote Originally Posted by Jet300 View Post
    App works perfect for me. Looks very nice on the GN.

To add a feed hit the search spy glass and do a search for your feed. I can add whatever feed I want ...
    Oh thanks.

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts

i love it, works so smoothly.. beautiful on my GN

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    never even thought of it for something like this...another win for android!

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Got them working. I had to do a reboot.

Love the app, can't get it to flip right

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

I got a notification of an update today. It redirects you to the Play Store, but obviously I can't get the update there. Anyone have the apk?