How can you reset the Screen Lock from Face Unlock with lost pin?

VZMSUser

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Greeting.

I am new to the forum and just recently purchased the Galaxy Nexus. I have locked my phone, installed the Screen Lock Bypass but it didn't work. I set my screen lock to face unlock and used the pin as backup. The pin I thought I set is not working and now I am unable to change the screen lock. I have been unable to get it to recognize my face, so it reverts to the pin and will not allow me to get pin. It only says I have tried so many times with the incorrect pin and to wait 30 seconds and try again. What can I do?

Last edited:

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: How can you reset the Screen Lock from Face Unlock with lost

i think if you enter your pass incorrectly to many times it will ask you to enter your Google log in information and let you in to the phone when that is entered correctly. From there you can change your security set up.

That worked on my Droid charge, never had the problem with Nexus...but i think it works the same way.

Edit:
just checked, once you get the message "please try again in 30 seconds", hit ok and A button will pop up on the bottom that says "forgot your pattern", click that , you can enter your Google log in and access the phone.

Last edited:

VZMSUser

May 9, 2012
Visit site

Barkerbert,

I do not have the pattern, it is the face unlock with pin alternate and I have been trying constantly for the Google login to appear and it hasn't.

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

EDIT, Sorry you had pin not pattern.

not sure about this, looking about how to do this. there has to be a way

Last edited:

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Just did some looking around:
lock screen bypass says it will not work on all phones (nexus might be one of them.) https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...android.screenlockbypass&hl=en&token=ymsfr5h6
and it just allows you to by pass the lock screen, not get rid of it. so you will have to make a hard reset anyway.

I think you will have to reset your phone. you will loose all of your data and go back to out of the box stock.

Use the Alternate method
Hard Reset - Galaxy Nexus by Samsung
This will bring your phone back to a brand new setup.

chrono6902

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Greeting.

I am new to the forum and just recently purchased the Galaxy Nexus. I have locked my phone, installed the Screen Lock Bypass but it didn't work. I set my screen lock to face unlock and used the pin as backup. The pin I thought I set is not working and now I am unable to change the screen lock. I have been unable to get it to recognize my face, so it reverts to the pin and will not allow me to get pin. It only says I have tried so many times with the incorrect pin and to wait 30 seconds and try again. What can I do?

nicoleedwards1146

May 9, 2016
Visit site
Greeting.