phone heat up while not using it.

kaosaeteurn

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
my galaxy nexus phone heats up when im not using it and its causing the battery to drain... is there something wrong with my phone or do i need go to to settings to change something? usually when i shut the phone off and turn it back on in a few minutes it fixes the problems but later during the day or early morning it warms up again.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Depends if your phone is awake or not. Just because you're not using it doesn't mean it's not doing anything. Check your battery stats first. If it's awake when it's just sitting there, then you just need to find out what app(s) are keeping it awake.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
it is almost always an app keeping your phone awake. If there have been some recent apps you have installed, start by uninstalling those one at a time.

Or, look at location aware apps first. They seem more likely as culprits in my experience. Latitude, weather apps,or anything else that wants to know where you are. Turn off GPS for a while and see if it cools off for a good blanket test of that cause.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I was in a movie theater last weekend with virtually no service (4G outside, nil inside). When the movie ended, my battery was drained by half and the whole phone was hot to the touch. No evidence, but I suspect it tried connecting to the network the whole time it was in my pocket. Next time, I'll click Airplane Mode and save the juice. (My wife's iPhone was similarly drained but not hot.)

Are you in a 4G/3G area? It could be using extra resources going back and forth between the two. Try a day on just 3G and see what happens.

TJH

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463